Seventeen

I walked downstairs and into the lounge

I walked downstairs and into the lounge. I saw Fallon was talking to her divorce lawyer so I turned around ready to walk away.

"Gabbie, why are you not in college?" Fallon asked. I walked back towards her.

"There's too much going on around here for me to go to college." I said.

"Gabbie, you have Mid terms in 7 days please go to College. If not for yourself for me please." Fallon said.

"Fine. Anything else happens call me." I said.

"Okay." Fallon said. I grabbed my bag and left for College. I walked into class and sat next to Austin.

"You doing okay?" Austin asked.

"I think so. The rest of my family is kinda in a mess." I said. Austin kissed my cheek.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" Austin asked.

"You could be my date to the funeral. But you don't have to." I said.

"I'll be there. Do you know what happened between Fallon and Culhane?" Austin asked.

"Fallon didn't want to marry Liam she wanted to marry Culhane. When they got to town hall Culhane didn't like that idea. Then he found out that if he said yes it would be part of Fallon's plan. That's as much as I know." I said.

After college I walked into the manor as Fallon walked down the stairs.

"How was college?" Fallon asked.

"It was alright. We studied for the exams." I said.

"Grandpa's will is being read in Daddy's study." Fallon said. I followed Fallon into Dad's study.

"Per Mr. Carrington's last will and testament, his instructions for his funeral are as follows: Mr. Carrington is to be dressed in a plain black suit from Harrow and Sons Tailors in London, and placed in a simple oak casket." Anders told us.

"A man of the people to the very end." Fallon said as I sat on the arm of her chair.

"White Miltonia orchids will fill the sanctuary, and after, the casket will be taken to Oakland Cemetery in a hearse drawn by a team of Belgian black horses, accompanied by a brass band." Anders continued.

"Spoke too soon." I said to Fallon.

"It's not like he's here to enjoy any of it." Dad said.

"Everyone deserves a last hurrah, don't they?" Steven asked.

"Fine. Anders, I trust you can handle the arrangements?" Dad asked.

"Well, not all of them, I'm afraid." Anders said.

"What?" Dad asked.

"Well, he's asked that his grandchildren perform
a song for the congregation, as he so loved in life, and that he be buried with his treasured copy of The Canterbury Tales. It's in his personal library in Savannah." Anders said.