Twenty-four

3 months later

Austin and I were working on one of Grandpa's cars together as Fallon pulled up.

"You two done your college work before messing about with the cars?" Fallon asked.

"Yeah. Done for today." Austin said.

"Gabbie." Fallon said.

"I just need a hand with some math stuff that's all." I said.

"Alright. I'll help you later." Fallon said. "Gabbie, I have a business meeting with Max VanKirk later to negotiate details." Fallon walked inside. About 20 minutes later Culhane appeared.

"What are you kids doing?"  Culhane asked.

"I'm gonna smack you if you call me a kid again." I said. Culhane laughed.

"Heads up your Dad is on the way home." Culhane said.

"He can fuck off too." I said.

"See you later and don't forget to eat kiddos." Culhane teased.

"Culhane." I yelled.

"You're in for it now Mikey." Austin teased. Culhane walked inside.

"Let's eat something and I don't know go hang out by the pool or something." Austin said.

"Alright." I said. We cleaned up and headed inside. We walked into the kitchen and Kaitlyn was making herself something to eat.

"Hey." Kaitlyn said.

"What up/ Sup." We said.

"Omelettes?" I asked Austin.

"Mmm. Yeah." Austin said.

Timeskip

Fallon, Steven and I were walking around talking to each other

"You don't think Liam misled him on purpose, do you?" I asked.

"He seemed just as flustered as I was. And his uncle
is such a bulldozer, I get how it happened in the first place. Liam told his uncle how we used to be married, he latched onto that. And now if we correct it, we might blow the deal." Fallon said. Steven and I gave her a look.

"Well, we're so close to signing." Fallon said.

"How long do you have to pretend to be married? Again." Steven asked.

"Through the weekend, I guess. Or at least until the ink is dry. But if that's all it takes to be free of the company, isn't it worth it?" Fallon asked leaning forward and fixing my hair.

"What about Culhane?" Steven asked.

"I'm gonna tell him. Obviously, I can't keep him in the dark about something so important. I'm not a monster." Fallon said as the door opened and Mom came in with a wheelchair.