Nineteen

I walked downstairs with a box of left over pizza from last night to see that the usual breakfast wasn't laid out

"I'm sorry is today some sort of labour holiday that I don't celebrate?" Fallon asked. "Where the hell is breakfast?"

"I was just explaining that the former Mrs Carrington is inviting you to dine in the loft. Well not all of you. Blake and Fallon." Anders said.

"Ever the gracious hostess." Fallon said.

"Well Cristal it looks like we've been saved a trip to hell." I said sitting down.

"Only way I'm stepping foot in that loft is to burn it down." Dad said.

"Just have Mrs Gunnerson whip up something small for the rest of us." Cristal said.

"Alexis has commandeered the kitchen staff as well." Anders said.

"She's not Grandpa, she can't just waltz in there and start ordering people around. She also doesn't have the ability to make Gabbie look like she cares about her appearance." Fallon said side eyeing me as I ate a slice of pizza.

"Wow. You really are a comedian Fal." I said.

"Apparently your mother can do whatever she likes around here." Cristal said.

"Anders, assemble the staff. Now." Dad said standing up.

"And what about her?" Fallon asked.

"She's a child. Playing a child's game. Best to ignore her." Dad said.

"Well she's not taking my bacon without a fight." Fallon said walking out.

"Are you actually going to eat pizza for breakfast?" Cristal asked. I shrugged.

"Well you're only 20 once." Cristal said standing up and heading to the door.

"Uh Cristal." I said.

"Yes." Cristal said.

"Thank you." I said.

"For what?" Cristal asked.

"For not being my mom. Sticking around rather than running away." I said. Cristal smiled at me and left.

"Gabbie, your grandfather's cars have arrived." Anders said putting a plate of fruit in front of me.

"Alright. Thank you Anders." I said.

"I'll dispose of this pizza." Anders said taking the box from me. I finished eating the fruit and walked over to the sitting room with the piano in it where Liam and Fallon were talking.

"How does he not see it? She walks out us for nearly 10 years and know he just wants to pick up like she ran to the corner for a pack of cigarettes." Fallon said.

"I guess everyone has a different way of dealing with trauma." Liam said.

"By causing more?" Fallon asked. "She said she's here for us but she's here for her money because she's broke. And now she's luring the family back to her one by one. First Steven and now she's got her sights set on Sammy Jo. It's like the zombie apocalypse soon I'll be the only one left with a brain." Fallon said.