Twenty-seven

I came in from a run when Fallon and Mom were arguing outside. Dad was stood in the foyer.

"How are you dealing with all this?" Dad asked.

"I'm doing okay. I'm working out. My new business venture is all planned so I'm focusing on better things." I said.

"What about the not knowing who your dad is?" Dad asked.

"I didn't know who my mother was until about 6 months ago. Beside a wise person once told me that blood isn't what makes you family loyalty does. You were the one who stuck around and raised three kids while Alexis whored her way through Europe. We may all have something psychologically wrong with us but it makes us tighter." I said.

"So should I of been concerned about the sound of glass breaking I heard this morning?" Dad asked.

"Nope. My fist is fine however the same can't be said for Alexis' windows." I said. Dad laughed as I walked upstairs to change.

I got in my car and drove to the old home of CA

"I'm sorry everyone is so late. It's complete pandemonium at our house." Fallon said as I walked in.

"Yeah. Kirby told me." Jeff said.

"Of course. I'm sure she sold the story to TMZ, too." Fallon said.

"Let's get this over with." Dad said walking in.

"So you're not gonna deny Steven his shares? Wow, you've really grown, Blake. I, for one, am looking forward to the multibillion-dollar payout. I think I'll buy some more toy cars." Jeff said.

"Okay, back off, Jeff. My dad's had a rough 24 hours." Fallon said.

"Save the hypocritical sympathy, Fallon. You destroyed my company, just like your cheating whore of a mother destroyed my family." Dad said.

"I saved your company to keep you from running it into the ground. And while you've been impotently
stewing, I've been purging: closing the deal, exiling Mom. It's called rising from the ashes. You should try it." Fallon said.

"Wait, you threw your own mother out?" Jeff asked.

"Yes. She did. Best thing she's ever done." I said. Kaitlyn laughed.

"She was clinging to her trash more desperately than a basic bitch at a Barneys warehouse sale.
Anyway, I think this could be good for Steven, you know? Once we both get our payout, then he and I can start our new legacy." Fallon said. "Seeing as Gabbie's beating us to it."

"Have you noticed that he's not here?" Dad asked.

"I can bring him his contract." Fallon told the lawyers.

"And Monica authorized me to sign for her. So let's bust this piñata." Jeff said.

"As per prior notice, the primary shareholders of Carrington Atlantic are here to finalize the sale of your company to Van Kirk Industries. Upon signing, your share of the payout will be directly deposited
into your bank accounts and C.A. will cease to exist." A woman said handing us all black folders. We signed.