Twenty-three

I walked into the board room and took my seat the other side of Fallon's chair

I walked into the board room and took my seat the other side of Fallon's chair. All the board members looked at me in shock.

"Sorry to keep you waiting. No one told me there was a meeting." Dad said walking in.

"It was a bit of an emergency." Fallon said walking in

"Anyone care to tell me what this is about? Gabrielle you shouldn't be here." Dad said.

"I'm just doing what my email told me to do." I said.

"The members are here to discuss the future of Carrington Atlantic's CEO." A board member said.

"Or lack thereof. Firing two employees for being so-called whistle-blowers, mishandling the Clarke County crisis and then trying to cover it up by buying off the victims." Fallon said.

"But that was your—" Dad started.

"Regardless, time's up, Daddy." Fallon said.

"This is absurd. I'm Chairman of the Board, and you're listening to a child who's been COO for a week and a college student." Dad said.

"Board will decide what's in the best interests of the shareholders." The man from early said before turning to Fallon. "Fallon."

"Many family companies are lost in three generations: moneymaker, caretaker, undertaker. As the fourth generation, I refuse to stand by and watch my father bury my legacy. Carrington Atlantic is not just a family business, it is a dynasty." Fallon said. Dad looked pissed. The meeting came to an end.

"The board of Carrington Atlantic has concluded
it's in the best interests of this company to shift attention to a more forward-thinking narrative." The board member said.

"You can't be serious." Dad said.

"Blake, you can continue as Chairman of the Board until a replacement is named.Fallon,congratulations. You're the first female CEO in company history." The board member continued.

"Thought I heard the sound of glass breaking." Fallon smirked. Dad got up out of his chair and grabbed Fallon's chair around to face him.

"How could you do this? After everything I've done for you two." Dad said.

"I'm doing what's best for the family.Isn't that what you always say?" Fallon asked. "Your father left controlling interest to me, Gabbie and Steven because your days were numbered.
Grandpa always did know best."

"Oh, that's debatable." Jeff said walking in with Monica.

"What are you doing here?" Dad asked.

"Settling your debt." Jeff said.

"Still on the juice, Jeff? Hard to tell when you're not staggering like a toddler." I said smirking.

"No. Come on, Gabbie,that's no way to talk to family." Monica said. Dad's head dropped while Fallon and I looked at each other.