Fiveteen

Fallon shook Austin and I awake.

"Get ready and meet us downstairs in the barn." Fallon said. I threw a hoodie on and Austin grabbed his shirt and we followed Fallon to Culhane's loft.

"Okay, lets back it up. Why on earth would Jeff wanna marry me so badly that he had Monica manipulate me into it?" Fallon asked pacing the room.

"Marriage is the ultimate merger." Culhane said.

"Yeah but everyone knows that Carrington's don't marry without a prenup." Fallon said.

"Those of us that know what a prenup is." I said.

"Well maybe this is all just to spite your father." Culhane suggested.

"When you wanted to leave Blake's company Jeff sure was quick to back you." Austin said.

"And smug every chance he got to rub it in your dad's face." Culhane said.

"As smug as you are right now? You're loving that you were right about Jeff. Aren't you?" Fallon asked.

"Why don't we listen to you more often?" I asked.

"You do it's Fallon that doesn't." Culhane said. "What is bothering me is that ring though."

"Well I had to make him believe I was into him not on to him. The closer I stay the better chance I have of figuring out what the hell is going on." Fallon said before sitting on the back of the couch.

"What if he's been using me the whole time? And I let him. I'm the only reason Gabbie's at that company. This is exactly why I don't trust people. But he was always so— Oh my god." Fallon said

"What?" We asked.

"Do you remember that program that Jeff gave me when we were trying to erase Cristal's affair with Matthew? Well he told me to run it on the manors private server." Fallon said.

"And you said it worked." Culhane told her.

"It did but what if it also gave him access. I always wondered how he knew so much about the Venezuelan deal Dad was doing with Alejandro. What if he's been reading all of our emails, all of our texts?" Fallon asked standing up and walking over to the table.

"What are you doing?" Culhane asked.

"I'm testing my theory. I am gonna write you an email confessing my undying love for Jeff." Fallon said.

"Can't wait time read that." Culhane said.

"And I'm going to say how happy I am that you and I didn't work out so that I didn't have to get married in a church. Priests make me break out in hives." Fallon said.

"Is that true?" Culhane asked.

"It's bait. Now we're gonna see if Jeff takes it." Fallon said before turning to Austin. "Are you connected to the Manor's servers?"

"Yeah." Austin said.

"Can I lend your phone?" Fallon asked.

"Sure." Austin said.

"This is another piece of bate because Gabbie you're close with the Colbys." Fallon said. Fallon handed him his phone back.

"Fallon and Culhane are screaming at each other. I'm coming to your room." Austin read out.

"Ugh I've gotta go study for our mid terms." I groaned getting up.

"You've been studying for months take a break." Austin said.

"I'm a Carrington. We don't take breaks." I said.

"Are you sure you're a Carrington?" Austin asked.