Chapter Eleven

The world was painstakingly silent as Myra opened her eyes. She looked around confused on where she was. In her room. 

The room was empty as she forced her body up. Myra couldn't hear a single breath in the house as if everyone had left. She looked at the time to see it was six in the morning. 

The pain of yesterday came flooding back into her heart. It was all her fault. She was lucky to have experienced this happiness but it was at the cost of Aunt Mary's death.  

Your body is weak today. Don't get out of bed. Luna told her softly. 

Myra leaned back down on the bed, her head placed gently against the pillows as she pulled the duvet over her body. She turned her body to the side to see the sun trying to peek in through the black out curtains. The room was still dark just as her mind was. 

She knew she had made a big mistake in coming here. They would find her and kill her for the disrespect she had shown Alpha Jackson. Did she still want death? Was it the key to her freedom and happiness?

The door opened softly and she heard him walk inside. His steps were light, and so was his breathing as if he was forcing himself to breathe. Elias stood against her door, not saying a word to her, as if he was thinking about something deeply. 

"You fainted." He mumbled the words at her. 

He knew she was awake as Myra sat up in bed and turned to face him. He was shirtless, only wearing a pair of black shorts. Sweat was dripping down his body as if he had pushed his body over the edge. She couldn't stop herself from looking at his tattoos. They covered one of his arms and his chest. It was a beautiful design with names swirling through but she couldn't make out the names in the dark. 

She watched him. He watched her. 

Unspoken words flashed through their eyes. She didn't know what to say to him as he watched every breath she took. 

"I'm sorry for everything." She apologised to him quietly. The pain he was feeling was all her fault. 

"She found me besides the lake house which was a clearing and she looked after me. She looked after us all." His voice broke a little and Myra climbed out of bed. "She's gone and I don't know how to fucking feel." He sighed as he rubbed his face hard. "I want to scream and get rid of everything." 

Myra walked towards him. She didn't know what to say as she pulled his hands away from his face and held both of his hands. He looked into her eyes. 

"Let it all out." Myra whispered to him softly. She had never taken her own advice but she didn't like to see Elias in pain. She hated it. It twisted her heart as she saw the tears in her eyes. 

"She's gone." His voice broke as he wrapped his arms around her body and hugged her tightly. He buried his face in her neck as she wrapped her arms around him. 

Myra knew that deep down she could never be friends with Elias. He pulled her closer to himself, silently crying on her shoulder as she hugged him tightly. Myra closed her eyes. This. This was what she needed. She couldn't let go of him as she fit his body perfectly. 

They were made for each other, she could never deny the feelings that were in her heart. Every look made her heart beat, every word he said made her heart flutter. His smile would ignite flames inside of her even when she pushed the feelings away. 

She had tried. So hard she had tried to ignore the fact she had a mate but it was times like this where she was in his arms, that made her want to tell him everything, for him to say he was going to be besides her always and love her no matter what had happened to her. She was scared though. Terrified.