Chapter Twenty Two

A pair of hands grabbed her, pulling her closer to the darkness that beckoned. 

"Let go of me!" She screamed so loud, her voice echoed in the abandoned world. 

She was being dragged by Jackson and Tom followed behind her. "You are pathetic and you will die." He hissed at her before he pulled her to the edge of the cliff. 

The darkness below called out her name, promising a death full of pain. She tried to run away, but he held tightly onto her arm, digging his fingers into her. 

Fear spread through her body,her mind as Jackson pushed her off the cliff and the darkness swallowed her whole. 

"Myra! Fuck!" 

Her eyes widened immediately as she sat up on the bed that was covered in flames. Elias was standing away from the bed. 

"Focus." He called out to her and she let out a breath, pulling the flames back towards herself. They disappeared and he walked towards her quickly. 

"What happened?" He asked, sitting besides her feet. 

Myra pulled her legs up and let out a sigh as she felt the burning intensify inside of you. She wrapped her arms around her knees and rested her head against them. 

Her body slowly burned from within, the flames dancing in her veins which wanted to burst to be set free. "It hurts." She whispered softly, feeling the flames rising up slowly. She pushed them down, shoving them deeper inside of her because she didn't want to burn, she didn't want to hurt anyone. 

Myra felt the bed dip before she heard him stand up. She looked up to his hand out, holding it towards her. "Come with me." He said. 

She willed her hand not to burn as she held onto his. Elias pulled her out of the bed, her black shorts and long shirt covering her body as she pushed her feet into her shoes. Elias wore his and holding her hand, he walked out of the room shirtless. 

She followed him, bonded by a love so blind, she would follow him to the ends of the world. She walked down the stairs besides him and he never let go of her hand as they walked out of the house. 

Myra didn't ask where they were going, she followed him in silence and in the cool wind that blew through her hair. The world was silent as they walked through the forest, and she recognised the lights and the small house. The lake. 

"I can't swim." She told him, stopping near the tree. 

The fear inside of her twisted and turned as he looked at her. "You are not afraid." He said to her and she shook her head. 

She was afraid of the ocean, of anything that could make her drown. She looked into his eyes and said. "I'm afraid of this." 

Elias took a step towards her,never letting go of her hand. "You have your flames now. You have me." He cupped her face gently. "I won't ever let go. You can get into the water and you can burn as bright as you want. Let go of everything and nothing will happen. No fear." There was a smile on his face as he took a step back from her. 

Myra watched him, as the light from the lamp close by shone down on him. Elias turned his back to her and she watched him take off his pants. He was completely and utterly naked as he walked into the water. 

Get in. Luna growled at her, bouncing on her toes as she watched him. 

Elias swam forward, disappearing under the water. Mura held her breath and counted to ten before he came up, pushing his wet hair back as he watched her. "I'm all yours in the water."