:: 27 ::

Chapter twenty seven
Our last

" W— what...? " I look at adores mother in shock. I feel my whole word start to crumble as I grip onto my phone for dear life. "Like I said, she'll be here tomorrow so you should probably star-" I ignore her and get up, leaving the room. I walk slowly up to my room and shut the door behind me.

I walk slowly over to my bed and sit down, forming a little ball. I tuck my head into my knees and sit quietly like this. I don't want to go with her, I want to stay here. I don't want to leave. I don't want to leave Katya. My heart aches. I grab my phone and turn it on.

Then I scroll through my contacts and click on katya's. I call her. Katya answers fairly quickly. "Hey trix! Miss me already? " She teases. I sniffle. Katya immediately stops laughing at her corny excuse for a joke. "What's wrong?" She asks with genuine concern lacing her words. I try to speak but all that comes out are inaudible mumbles.

"Trixie are you okay? Do you need to me to get you? " My bottom lip starts to quiver. I say a meek yes and I hear Katya start to pace around. I hear the jingle of her keys then her running, presumably downstairs. Then I hear the sound of the girls asking her things. She doesn't respond.

Next is the slam of a door. She speaks. "Trixie I'm coming okay? Is your bedroom door unlocked? " I say yes very softly. I hear Katya start her motorcycle. "Okay, listen I'm on my way. I gotta get off the phone so I can drive. I'll be there soon. " I mutter an ok and then she hangs up.

I rock slowly back and forth, trying to calm myself. I feel my cheeks become wet and reach up to touch them. I'm crying. I will my eyes and look down at my phone. Katya's contact sits there. I feel a sense of security. Katya will be here soon, I reassure myself.

I look at the contact until I hear katya's motorcycle approaching. I hear it part and shut off. A few minutes later the door opens downstairs and I hear her running up the steps. My door swings open. "Trixie? " She asks. I open my arms for her. She shuts the door and walks over, pulling me into a hug.

"What happened? What did she say? " I don't say anything, just place my head in her neck. She rubs my back in a soothing manner. "It'll be okay trix. I just need you to tell me what she said. " I nod slowly and pull away, wiping my eyes. "M—my mom is coming tomorrow....shes going to take me with her...i won't be able to see you.. " Katya pulled me into a strong hug.

I sobbed in her shoulder and she whispered calming words to me. "It's okay Trixie...we can face time.. I can visit you, we'll make it work.." I shake my head. "No we won't.." Katya glares softly. "Yes we will. Don't tell yourself that. What happened to being married one day huh? " I smile softly and look down. "We can make it work. "

She pulls my head away from her should and wipe away my tears. "Why don't we go out? Take your mind off things? Maybe we can head to Tia's and get drinks. We can spend the day together.." I nod. Katya presses a kiss to my lips. "It'll be okay...." She whispers to me.

I sniffle and pull away from her. I then stand, she stands too and wraps one arm around my waist. I grab my phone before we leave my room. Katya walks me downstairs and out to her motorcycle. I get on it and put my helmet on. Katya gets on too and I immediately wrap my arms around her waist. "Ready? " I nod slowly. Katya takes off.

°°°

Bloop bloop

Short but sweet? Nah.