Chapter 9

[ELIS POV]

I soon get dressed and Harry's back down stairs I'm wearing my black long baggy t-shirt with black baggy sweatpants my hair is in 2 French braids when I walk down stairs I see Harry in a black T-shirt and black sweatpants and he walks to me and says "wanna go for a drive tonight" "what time ?" I ask "after dinner?" "Sure but don't you think it's going rain." I continue "yah but driving in the rain is fun" he say "uggh fine"

..........................THAT NIGHT............................

[HARRYS POV]

She holds my hand as I open the car door her hair still wet because it's been in braids still wearing the outfit from earlier she looks so beautiful her skin is glowing despite how dark it is. It's around 11:30 pm when we leave the drive way I reach my had across the the cup holder to grab a AOX cord and I play a song as we drive in silence I see her looking out the window so peaceful I decide to take her to this open field I park the car and grab her hand and lead her to the field I lay down this place is so special to me because it's like you can see every star in the sky. We lay there In the field in silence when I notice Eli laying on my chest looking at the sky she points to a really bright star smiling I turn her over to face me and she asks me "If I don't live long enough to see stars on open water promise me you'll go." I quickly jump back to say "where did you get the idea your going to die if you want to go see stars on water we'll go together and that I can promise" she just hugs me I forget all about the fact she has cancer but that doesn't matter none of that effects anything she'll get better and we'll go do what ever she wants to do. "Now to change the subject did you know Gigi's pregnant" I say. "What the hell really that's amazing!" Eli says Gigis so young it's kinda weird.

After an hours has past we get in the car and it's 2:13 am and I can tell Eli's tires so I roll up the windows and its starts to rain she slowly starts to fall asleep I drive the rest of the way in silence. When we pull into the drive way Eli's passed out I don't want to wake her so I sit in silence In the dive way. I then open the door and carry Eli into the house.

I just realized Eli's been doing online school for about a month now she never even got to go to class not that she'd want to but I don't know I like her here a lot better though. All these thoughts pop into my head about the night of the fight I decide to brush them off. I carry Eli up the stair and place her on the bed and walk around and crawl right in next to her she's warm and her body's like a blanket in this month I've learned so much about her like her past how In high school she was raped at prom she cried telling me that story it hurt me to listen to her and she told me about her eating disorder and how her family would hurt her she even told me about her ex who would get drunk and hurt her she says that's why she was so uptight when we met because I reminded her of the time when her and her ex first got together and she thought he was perfect. She told me so many secrets and so many stories I feel like I've know her forever.

[ELIS POV]

It's the morning when I feel Harrys arm stretched across my stomach and his face buried into a pillow when I lightly lift his arm up trying to not wake him when I go down stairs I get a call from a random number "hello this is Eli"I answer " hi Eli this is the Chicago hospital we were wondering if you could come in later today to do some test." "Uhhh yah i is 11:00 good for you?" "That perfect just come in around 11 and we'll check you out." "That good I say" "whys that?" The lady asks me "I've been feeling really weak and tired I guess I don't know it's probably nothing." "Do you think you could come in at 9 actually there could be something wrong ." "Sure ok goodbye".

Harry walks down stairs still in his sweats and he says "is everything ok who were you on the phone with?" "Nobody it's nothing" I lie and I know he can tell. "Eli what's wrong you know you can tell me." "Fine" I decide to give into his charm and tell him "the doctor wants me to come in at 9 to do some test" "everything is going to be ok I promise." I hate when he does that he makes promises that aren't his to make.