21- Pre Party

You've done a good job the last week at keeping up your new style, but you weren't prepared for a party look so you call Dixie over. She and Indy show up with their overnight bags. All they want to talk about is how things are going with Blake. You two spent every day together at school and usually he held your hand and walked you to Indiana's car, but you hadn't hung out again outside of school.

Dixie: "Noah is not taking you and Blake well"

You: "Really? He doesn't seem like he gives a damn, to be honest"

Indiana: "Oh sweetheart, you have so much to learn about boys"

You: *trying to sit still while Dixie does your makeup and Indy does your hair*"He said the words -even tho you're just a friend-"

"He said the words -even tho you're just a friend-"

Dixie: *pauses and looks at you*
"Well he might not realize it, but there is zero chance you guys stay just friends forever"

You get sad hearing that because if he clearly doesn't like you and won't be just your friend forever, that leaves losing him again and honestly your friendship with him had become every bit as close as it was when you were kids. Your parents even started hanging out more again. As you change into the outfit Dixie picked out for you, you hear the doorbell ring and panic.

 As you change into the outfit Dixie picked out for you, you hear the doorbell ring and panic

Dixie: *tossing you a purse*
"Don't stress. We are gonna stay here and finish getting ready and we will meet you at the party so go have fun at dinner!"

You go downstairs and Blake is standing in the living room chatting with your Dad. Your dad is so laid back and could make friends with anyone, even a guy who is interested in his daughter. Blake stands up and let's his jaw hang open when he sees you coming down the stairs in heels, a printed miniskirt and loose tank top Blake: "Woah"

 Blake stands up and let's his jaw hang open when he sees you coming down the stairs in heels, a printed miniskirt and loose tank top Blake: "Woah"

Even your dad sets down the remote and looks to your mom to let him know if he can make you go upstairs and put on more layers

Mom: *seeming to understand what your dad is thinking*
"You look beautiful, honey."

Blake: "Beautiful is an understatement... just... woah"

At dinner, Blake slides into the booth next to you instead of across from you and you have to admit you like the way he can't take his eyes off of you. He is staring at you, hanging off every word you say. He didn't even acknowledge the waitress when she came to ask if he needed a refill. His hand is resting on your thigh and it sends the best chills up your spine every circle his thumb makes against your skin. He quickly drops money on the table, not even waiting for the check and grabs your hand to lead you towards the car that's parked in the shadows of the back parking lot.

As soon as you reach the car he pushes you against the door and begins to kiss you like he'd been waiting all night to taste your lips. You're enjoying the kiss, but soon his hand slides under your shirt and against your bra and you gasp

You: "Blake... people could see us"

Blake opens the door and sits in the passenger seat pulling you into his lap before returning his lips to yours more urgently than before. You get caught up for a moment before pulling back again

You: *leaning back against the dashboard*"I meant what I said about taking it slow, Blake"

"I meant what I said about taking it slow, Blake"

Blake:
"Honest question, please... do you like someone else"

You: *trying to find a way to answer no without lying*
"I'm not trying to be with anyone else or anything if that's what you're asking"

Blake opens the car door, happy with that answer and climbs out letting you slide into your seat. You ride the entire way to the party holding his hand.