37- The Hospital

His dad and the EMTs climb in the back after helping you down and she tells her son how much she loves him as the ambulance pulls away.His dad rides with him to the hospital while you ride in his Mom's car. Addison heads back to the party to get your phone and tell everyone else about the accident. You were so nervous in the car with Noah's mom and didn't know what she would think of you and Noah and the kiss.

Mama Beck: "Are you ok?"

You: "I drove by and before I even saw what car it was… I knew"

Mama Beck: "You two were always connected since you were toddlers in a way your mama and I never understood. But I guess it makes sense now"

You: "Are you mad at me?"

Mama Beck: "For kissing my son? Oh baby, no. He's waited a long time for that to come"

You're shocked and she must be able to see it because she smiles and says: "Noah is shy and he has a hard time admitting he wants anything his friends don't tell him he wants. He's always been that way. When you two were little you used to just boss him around something fierce"

You smile at the memory of getting Noah to ride his bike half a mile away to the gas station for candy with you when you were 9. He had never broken the rules before but the second you asked he would have followed you anywhere. 

When you pull up to the hospital, Noah’s mom hands you her phone and tells you that she’s given your mom a heads up, but it’d be nice if you called too. Your mom is on her way to the hospital and tells you she’s so grateful you were there for Noah and that you weren’t in the accident. You paced the floor for a while and alternated sitting in a chair shaking your leg. 

You are anxious and just want someone to come out and tell you what’s happening with Noah

You are anxious and just want someone to come out and tell you what’s happening with Noah. He had been conscious when you were together in the ambulance, but had something gone wrong on the way to the hospital? He was in such rough shape and all you can think about is whether or not he’s worse than you thought and that’s why they aren’t coming to tell you anything.

You’re about to jump up and demand a nurse tell you something, anything when Dixie comes running across the waiting room and wraps her arms around you. Following closely behind is the rest of your friends all looking like they were still in a state of shock except Blake. Blake looks riddled with guilt. 

Blake: “Is this my fault? He called and I answered and I could have told him the truth that you’d just forgotten your phone at the party, but I didn’t…”

You: “Did you lie to him? What exactly did you tell him?”

Blake: *hanging his head in shame*
“I didn’t lie. I just didn’t answer his questions and he was upset and I knew what he was thinking… I knew he thought we were together after he left and I let him keep thinking that because I was mad and I’m so sorry”

You wrap your arms around Blake and comfort him because you know he didn’t ever mean for this to happen it was just stupid guy stuff. Noah’s parents come out and tell you that he wants to see you so Indiana comes over and takes over comforting Blake for you.