27- The Last Straw

Noah's parents leave quickly after, and Noah watches a movie with you and your parents before heading home himself around 11pm. A few hours later you wake up to your phone ringing and see a facetime from Noah. You answer and he says he's sorry if he woke you up. Something seems wrong so you reassure him you were awake even though you weren't.

 Something seems wrong so you reassure him you were awake even though you weren't

Noah: "Can I ask you a question?"

*not waiting for you to answer*
"How are things going with you and Blake?"

You don't really know how to answer because the truth is things were pretty good even if they'd stalled a bit. You didn't want to tell him that tho because you kept replaying your almost kiss earlier with Noah.

You: "I meant it when I said he wasn't my boyfriend. We are just spending time together and deciding how we feel before we move too fast"

Noah: "I don't want you to get hurt..."

You: "He's not going to hur-"

Noah: *interrupting to blurt out*
"I saw him on my way home, Y/N"

You: "You didn't get in another fight did you?"

Noah: "No. That's not it. I saw him leaving a restaurant across the street from where I was getting gas"

You start to get an uneasy feeling because Blake had bailed on dinner with you because his parents wanted him home tonight

You: "Ok..."

Noah: "He wasn't alone..."

You: "Please just tell me what you need to say, Noah"

Noah: "He was kissing a girl in the parking lot next to his car and then they left together"

You don't say another word and hang up the call. You immediately dial Blake not caring one bit if you wake him up.

Blake: *answering in a sleepy, groggy voice* "Hey. I'm sleeping. You good?"

 You good?"

You: "No"

Blake: *he rubs the sleep out of his eyes tries to focus*
"What's wrong?"

You: "Are you seeing someone else?"

Blake: "Is this about tonight?"

You: "Answer the question, Blake"

Blake: "I have gone out with someone a few times, but it's nothing serious. I thought you didn't want anything serious"

You: "I said SLOW not nothing serious, what the hell?"

Blake: "Who told you?"

You: "Why does that matter if it's true?"

Blake: "Well that answers that. Did you ever consider why he is always trying to come between us?"

You: "Do NOT turn this around on him. He was being a good FRIEND by telling me. You were supposed to be-"

Blake: *interrupting*
"What? I was supposed to be what? Your boyfriend? No you shut that down pretty clearly"

You: "I thought that's where this was headed I just needed time"

Blake: "It's been weeks and we spend all this time together and anytime it gets even close to being anything real, you slam on the breaks"

You: "Ok so there's the real reason. You just wanted to sleep with me and if I wasn't willing to fast enough you thought you'd just go out and find someone who would. Well I hope she gave you everything you wanted"

You hang up the phone and curl up holding your pillow to your face so your parents don't hear you crying.

Your phone has gone off multiple times but you can't face even knowing who it is. A few minutes after the last ignored call, you hear your door creep open and try to hold in your tears in hopes whichever parent it is leaves thinking you're asleep.

Noah: "I can hear you crying from downstairs."

You: *shoot sitting up in shock*
"Noah! What are you doing? How did you get in here?"

Noah: "Shhh I know where your mom hides the spare key outside. You weren't answering and I was worried."

You: "So you broke in?"

Noah: *quietly laughing*
"It's not breaking in, I had a key remember?"

You: "I'm Fine. I don't even know why I cared. I'm not even sure I really liked him."

Noah: "You still deserved better than that."

You: "He was way out of my league so I'm not shocked."

Noah: "Is that what you think?"

You turn your head away embarrassed to look him in the eyes. He pulls you close to him and wraps his arms tight around you.

Noah: "You're so smart and have things just figured out. You're so pretty it hurts-"

*changes his tone panicked*
"Some guy I'm sure is gonna see it just keep your head up, bud."

You've cried so hard you're exhausted. You're way too tired to play this game of trying to figure how Noah feels. He holds you as you fall asleep and then sneaks back home before either of your parents notice he was there.