77- Facing Fears

Later that night the subject of prom comes up but you don't want to ruin it for them so you pretend you aren't sad about missing it.

Dixie: "I actually think Nick and I are going to end up going together. We've been hanging out so much lately and he's brought up the dance like 3 times. Has he said anything to you about it Y/N?"

You: "I actually haven't talked to him since I started homeschooling. Like he waves to me if we pass each other coming and going from the neighborhood, but we haven't talked."

Addison: "Go ahead and tell them the best part."

Dixie: "I guess he kinda kissed me?"

Indiana's ears perk up at the new drama as she gushes:
"Shut up! He kissed you? Wait how does someone kinda kiss you?"

Dixie: "It was after the party last weekend. He offered to drive me home and I went in to hug him but he kissed me. But I was drunk so I don't think it counted."

Addison: "Well he wasn't drunk so it definitely counted!"

You were surprised how much listening to them talk about their lives made you sad. They were going to parties that they stopped even bothering to invite you to. Prom was coming up and you weren't included in any of the plans. You thought back to last year and the amazing time you'd had all together and never thought this year would be so different. Suddenly Noah's face, his dimples, his tux, his smile, that slow dancing, the kiss at the after party, the shower, your first time... it all started replaying like a slideshow you couldn't stop. Spinning so fast you felt dizzy.

Dixie: "Y/N? Did you hear me?"

You: "What? No, sorry. What's up"

Addison: "Bryce and I were nominated for Prom King and Queen. They are having an pep rally after school Friday to announce the winner, but the student council president already let it slip that we won."

You: "Oh my God! I'm so excited for you!! But really who's shocked. You and Bryce have been high school royalty since day one."

Dixie: "That's why I said, you should come."

You: "I don't know... I really don't want anyone to find out."

Addison: "We can figure something out. It'd just really mean a lot to me to have all my best friends there."

You: "But what if Noah is there?"

Dixie: "Noah and Griffin are still in North Carolina, I doubt they will take a 5 hour flight for Prom weekend when neither are dating students at the high school anymore."

You promise you'll think about it, but you don't see any way possible you can go. Later that night Indy comes in with your mom and they team up to convince you that you should go.

Indiana: "Everyone will find out eventually anyway."

Mom: "I don't want you to waste anymore time being ashamed

Mom: "I don't want you to waste anymore time being ashamed."

You: "I don't even know if I could go if I wanted to. I don't go to school there anymore."

Mom: "Yes you do. You're still technically a student."

Indiana: "Besides the pep rallies are held on school grounds but are technically community events. They are open to anyone."

You: "I'm not going to be able to hide under a hoodie anymore and the only thing I own is oversized t-shirts and baggy sweats.

Your mom disappears into the other room and comes back with a few bags from the maternity shop at the mall: "I knew eventually you'd be ready to embrace your body for the miracle it is and I bought you a few things."

"