68- Failed Homecoming

A few weeks pass and you and Noah are standing on the porch in an argument so bad you're glad that Indiana is the only one inside, but are hoping the neighbors don't hear.

Noah: "Do you think I want to miss my senior homecoming? If I had any control over this I would change it!"

You: "Why in the hell are your parents picking THIS weekend of all weekends to take you on a weekend trip?"

Noah: "It's just a weekend. We have plenty of weekends together, Y/N!"

You: "It's not just a weekend. It's our SENIOR HOMECOMING! Give me one good reason why the trip has to be THIS WEEKEND!?!?"

Noah: "The coach from the summer league is flying us out to talk about scholarships. He's flying us out with his own money, so yeah it has to be whatever weekend HE picks! You know how important getting a scholarship is for me and that was the whole point of us being apart this summer!"

You: "I don't even know anymore Noah! What's the point of any of this if you're just going to bail on every important moment we share anyway!"

He nods his head in disbelief that you actually just said that. He storms to his car without another word and peels off down the road. You sit down on the porch swing and bury your head in your hands, sobbing.

Nick: "Are you ok?"

You jump and hurry to wipe your tears but as soon as you look into his kind eyes they all start pouring out anyway. He sits next to you and hugs you while you shake from how hard you're crying.

Nick: "Do you guys always fight like that?"

You: "No. Hardly ever actually. I don't even know why I am so worked up about it. It's just a stupid dance. It isn't even worth fighting about, I just feel so emotional about it."

Nick: "I heard."

*chuckles a little*
"I think the whole neighborhood heard actually."

You: "Oh God, how embarrassing."

Nick: "Hey don't do that. It's fine. We all get over-emotional over stupid stuff sometimes. Plus I don't think this was something stupid for the record."

You: "My emotions are just all over the place. It's humiliating."

Nick: "It's your senior homecoming. You should go anyway."

You: "I can't just go by myself. Indiana and Addison both have boyfriends they are taking. Dixie wouldn't be caught dead going without a guy, because it's all over school that Griffin is taking one of the other cheerleaders."

Nick: "You could let me take you..."

You: *laughing at the fact that your eyes are red and puffy from the crying*
"Trust me you don't want this mess"

Nick: "Maybe you don't know what I want."

You: "Nick

You: "Nick... I have a boyfriend."

Nick: *getting embarrassed*
"Um, yeah. I know that. I meant, as like, friends. We could go as friends."

You: *suddenly getting a brilliant idea*
"YOU SHOULD TAKE DIXIE!!!!"

Nick: "First of all why are you yelling. Secondly, why Dixie?"

You: "I don't know. I thought you two would have fun together."

Nick: "She and I are just friends."

You: "So? You wanted to take me and we're just friends."

Nick: "Fair point."

It's the night before homecoming and Indiana invited all the girls to stay at your house. Pretty sure she did that in a last ditch effort to convince you to come with them to the dance.

Indiana: "It's not going to be the same without you there, Y/N."

Y/N: "I have like no energy for anything anymore. I really just am looking forward to catching up on some sleep."

Addison: "You have no energy because you are depressed and you know what will make you feel better? A ballgown!"

You: "You all have super cute dates to worry about all night, you definitely don't need me in the middle of your slow dancing."

Addison: "Dixie doesn't have a date, you guys could team up."

Dixie: "Actually, I do have a date..."

Indiana: "Oh my God!! WHO!?!?!"

Dixie: "Nick asked me last week."

Addison is squealing with excitement but Dixie assures them that it's just as friends.