~ chapter two ~

"Anderson, it seems Sebastian didn't catch you today" said the man standing in the middle.

My heart started racing and I couldn't reply or run away. Not only because they already grabbed and pulled me into a small side street and I didn't have a chance against them, but also because I was so shocked to even meet them here.

I've never seen the football players here, which was one reason why I come here so often to hang out.

Thus I let it happen almost defenselessly.

The three were much bigger and stronger than me and I felt helpless as I stood in front of the dumpster nearby while they looked at me with anger.

I closed my eyes and was getting prepared for the smell, which will even stay after washing the uniform once or twice. But suddenly I felt a punch in my back.

I couldn't even scream before receiving a second punch, this time directly into my stomach. I fell to the ground and instinctively put my hands in front of my head to protect it.

Was that the punishment for escaping their routine a few times?

They started kicking and insulting me.

I screamed for help as one of the boys stuffed a nasty-tasting cloth into my mouth.

After that I was just lying there motionless and waited for my end.

The kicks didn't seem to stop until I suddenly heard a male voice shouting.

"Hey, what are you doing? Leave him alone!".

This probably frightened the football players enough to kick me one last time in my back and then disappear with the words "It's your lucky day, Anderson".

I opened my eyes fearfully and saw white boots standing in front of me. The person who saved me, bent down.

"Are you okay?" I heard the same voice again.

I slowly released my protective position and looked into the face of a pretty boy carefully, who could be the same age as me.

He pulled me on my feet, but still held me, which I really needed, otherwise I would have fallen straight back to the ground.

My whole body was shaking, and I couldn't say anything, even when I tried.

Without resisting, the boy led me to his car, which was parked on a side street. He opened the back door of the car and sat me in the back seat.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Kurt. Kurt Hummel," replied the tall boy, while throwing a blanket around my shoulders. "And yours?"

"Blaine Anderson", I replied.

"You're shaking a lot. Maybe you'll feel more comfortable with a soft blanket" he said with a smile on his face.

It really was soft and actually made me feel a little more comfortable.

"Thank you," I whispered still anxious and with a trembling voice.

He answered with a smile and I started abandoning thoughts.

Why were they so mean this time?

Then it occurred to me: If my father saw me like this, I would have made "another mistake", which would make him freak out. After the last rage I had a black eye for one week or so. What will happen this time?

Still caught in my own thoughts, I heard Kurt say something.
"Hm?", I replied, completely startled.

"Why are you crying?" he repeated.

I hadn't noticed the tears, that were running down my face, until he drew the attention to them.

"Oh, it's not important," I replied, wiping the tears off of my face.

Then I got a hold of myself and jumped out of the car.

"Thank you for everything. I owe you something," I said with a forced smile.

I just wanted to turn around and go to my car, while trying to figure out, what to say to my father, when Kurt quickly took my hand.

"Hey, you can't be alone right now. What would you do if the guys come back? You can go to my place, so that I can clean your wounds and maybe take care of you for a little bit".

I looked at him with wide eyes. I didn't know this boy. It could be a cunning plan by Sebastian, or he could be a criminal or something like that. But honestly, it wasn't as bad as another outburst of anger of my father.

So I sat down on the passenger side with an "Okay" and waited for Kurt to start the engine.

We barely talked during the ride, but I took the chance to look closer at the young pretty boy sitting next to me.

He kept on brushing his smooth brown hair out of his face. I was able to see a few muscles covered by a tight red shirt.

He was pretty, maybe even hot.

But all of this didn't help to distract me from the one question, that was going through my head constantly.

Why did he help me? He was a stranger and I had never seen him before. There was no relatable reason.

After ten minutes Kurt parked in the driveway of a small house and got out of the car to open the door for me, before I could do it myself, and we went, Kurt ahead, into the house.

I looked around cautiously. It seemed like we were standing in a messy living room.

On the couch there were laying empty cans of beer and many magazines on the small table in front of it.

Before I could even admire the wooden staircase in front of us, Kurt already grabbed my hand and guided me upstairs.

"I think you should take a shower. You're covered in dirt and your clothes are torn up", Kurt said as he looked at me from the bottom to the top.

Only now I saw the fine rips in my trousers and my blazer.

"Crap," I cursed.

"Don't worry, I can borrow you some clothes," he replied calmly.

He showed me the bathroom which is only accessible through his room and began taking a shower after he left me alone.

I noticed the large number of hair products, which I also had in my bathroom and smiled.

After shampooing my hair and washing most of the dirt from my body and out of the wounds, I dried myself with a towel I took from the cabinet and stood in front of the big mirror with the towel around my hip.

My whole body was covered with bruises. My back, which I couldn't look at, hurt the most.

I heard a knock on the door, and I saw Kurt peaking inside.

"Here's a pair of comfy joggers and a sweater. I think it will fit you as you're smaller than me".

He put the clothes on the floor and closed the door behind him again.

I quickly put on his clothes, which were a bit too big for me and then carefully opened the bathroom door.