~ chapter thirteen ~

After the exam on Thursday morning I thought that I destroyed this wall by answering one of Kurt's calls.

He basically said he was worried about me and our relationship because I didn't open up or told him anything about my past few days.

So I tried to reassure him and told him about the test and some other school stuff.

Luckily, he seemed to be too busy talking about personal things than to talk about his Glee Club.

"By the way, did you hear about Finn and Rachel?", he changed the topic.

"No, why should I? They're not my friends", I laughed secretly stressing out about the new topic.

"Because maybe your friends from the Warblers told you about them beating them up and throwing rotten eggs at them", he snapped.

"They did what?!", I screamed in shock and caused other pupils to stare at me.

"Sorry, I've got to go", I lowered my voice already about to hang up.

"Wait Blaine, can I see you? I think we have to talk", he asked hesitantly.

"Yeah, sure", I quickly replied not even thinking about him hesitating, "Meet me at 4 at the Lima's Bean".

After hanging up and combining all my frustration, I sprinted to the boy's locker room, a place I'm not visiting very often.

Opening the door the reason why I hate that place so much, came to my mind again.

I was facing a big cloud of men's sweat and homophobic comments, like whispering and booing, and actions, like covering their naked bodies with a towel, just because a gay boy crossed their sight.

I ignored everything and headed to the farthest corner of the room, where a small group of five shirtless guys was standing.

"Why on earth did you beat them up? If I had known your stupid and selfish thoughts, I would have never told you anything, Sebastian", I shouted pressing the taller boy against the wall and staring him in his eyes aggressively.

"Look, what do we have here! Little Anderson trying to be scary", Sebastian laughed, "The girl's locker room is next door, faggot".

Now the whole room was laughing. My eyes became glassy.

"Fuck you, Sebastian", I yelled, while I left the room, because I couldn't handle the pressure.

I quickly wiped my tears away and ran towards my physics class, I was already late to, and sat down on the last free chair in the last row, while whispering a quiet apology to Mrs. Burner.

¤¤¤

As much as I tried to focus on the remaining classes, my thoughts always wandered to Sebastian and Kurt.

Why didn't I see this coming? I knew something was up with the look Sebastian gave me while we made this stupid deal.

And why does Kurt want to talk to me? Did I mess this whole thing up by lying to him? He probably just wants to see his boyfriend, that's all.

Nevertheless, these thoughts kept buzzing through my head even as I reached the café, where the beautiful athletic boy already stood in front of. I immediately was glad, that I decided to change my outfit before heading to the café.

“Hey, beautiful”, I greeted him and gave him a quick kiss on the lips.

“Hey”, he answered with a forced smile.

“Let’s grab some coffee first”, I suggested worried and we went inside.

“What can I get you?”, the short woman behind the corner asked.

“A medium drip and a grande nonfat mocha for this guy”, I said looking at Kurt, who seemed to be a little bit confused, “And maybe I can get him to split one of those cookies”.

“You know my coffee order?”, Kurt asked in disbelieve and I could see a little sparkle glancing in his wonderful blue eyes.

“Of course, I do”, I teased him.

“That’ll 8,40 $”, the woman said.

“Don’t even bother, dummy. It’s on me”, I told Kurt, who had taken his wallet out of his leather bag, which increased the sparkle in his eyes.

“So what’s going on?”, he broke the silence, when we sat down on one of the round desks in front of the big window.

“What do you mean?”, I responded astonished.

“You’re not answering my calls, you’ve been ignoring me for days, you never tell me anything about yourself but about school, and suddenly, when we met in person, you kiss me, you buy me coffee and above all, you’re acting like everything’s normal. So what the hell is going on, because I couldn’t sleep well the last nights and kept thinking of you and you’re…I don’t know”, he declared.

I didn’t know what to say. Yeah, he’s right about the whole thing, but I couldn’t tell him the reason. He would be so mad at me for even accepting that stupid deal with Sebastian.

“I don’t know, if I can do this”, he continued, when I didn’t respond.

“Wait, what can you not do?”, I whispered in shock, “You’re not breaking up with me, are you?”. 

“I don’t know, what I am doing wrong, Blaine. I can’t be with you, if you’re not even gonna tell me the truth. I know, something happened, but you’re too scared to tell me for whatever reason”, he said with a broken voice.

“Screw you!”, he cursed, after I couldn’t find the right words for over a minute.

He stood up and turned around, but I managed to grab his wrist, as he was about to walk out.

“It’s Sebastian”, I tried to explain, “We made a deal. If I’m gonna tell him something about your Glee Club, that he could use, he and the football guys wouldn’t bully me anymore. And I didn’t want to either lie to you nor Sebastian”.

Now he was the one with wide eyes.

“So you’re telling me that you ignored and lied to your boyfriend, because you didn’t want to lie to your bully? Are you kidding me?”, he shouted.

“I am sorry, I didn’t want to hurt my boyfriend!”, I yelled back at him.

“Well, you’re ex-boyfriend. We’re done!”, he exclaimed and stormed out.