~ chapter twenty two ~

A few hours later I had a laughing Mercedes in my right and a crying Tina in my left arm. Both drunk of course.

Till now I didn't even have one drink, so I was probably the most sober person in this house.

The music was loud and I couldn't hear one word Tina was trying to tell me.

The only thing I could understand was, that apparantely she and Mike broke up a few weeks ago and now she's crying over a boy, who she met in the mall, but it turned out, he is gay.

I didn’t particularly know, why Mercedes was laughing, but I think it was about the dancing skills of a few people in front of us.

I hadn't seen Kurt for a long time and it kinda freaked me out.

Where was he? Did he leave without me perhaps?

Before I could start to think, I stood up from the couch we've been sitting on, of course after I pushed away Mercedes’ and Tina’s arms, and left them alone to look for Kurt.

The house was huge and he could have gone anywhere.

So I started going along the big corridors until I heard two people yelling at each other.

It came from a room, a few feet away, so I approached the door quietly and listened closer.

“He hurt you, why the fuck would you give him a second chance?”, a deep voice exclaimed loudly.

“Because I am listening to my heart. I’ve told you, I'm sorry", a second voice, which was obviously Kurt's, screamed back.

They both seemed really drunk and they probably won’t remember their fight tomorrow.

“Yeah, and you also told me , you were over that asshole", the first voice yelled.

Out of context it's probably Sam, because they're definitely talking about me.

I kinda felt bad, even though I should be happy about it. I've never wanted Kurt to get in trouble, though.

“Get away from me. You're scary", Kurt said in a terrified voice.

That's enough!

I slammed the door open and went into the room. Kurt was standing in the farthest corner, while a tall and blonde guy, probably Sam, approached him slowly.

“Back off!”, I yelled.

They both seemed to be shocked facing me. Kurt’s expression turned into relief, while Sam's turned into anger.

For a minute of silence I thought he was going to punch me, but after a while he just stormed out of the door frustrated and went away.

Kurt broke down on the ground and began sobbing.

Oh no, I wasn't good at comforting.

I just sat down next to him, pressed my back against the wall and patted his back awkwardly.

“Are you alright?”, I asked not really knowing what to say.

He didn't answer, but threw his arms around my shoulders and continued crying into my shirt.

Drunk crying is so much more stressful than sober crying.

“Let's go home”, I decided out loud after a while and grabbed him by the hand to pull him up.

He stood up and wrapped his right arm around my shoulders, so that he wouldn't fall to the ground again.

On the way out I picked up Mercedes and Tina from the couch and dragged three roaring drunk people to Kurt's car.