~ chapter seventeen ~

I sprinted upstairs and locked my bedroom door behind me.

I heated up as I never did before and punched my wall a few times.

Blood was dripping out of the wounds on my knuckles.

I took one of the razors, which were all obviously used and covered with dried blood and started cutting my wrist over and over.

A few old cuts were already scarred, but I let the blade wander over them in any direction.

I didn’t even stop as I saw blood dripping onto my carpet. I just went on until I felt something again.

“Apparently my son is not only a faggot, he’s mentally ill, as well. If you’re suicidal, why are you still alive? It would be one problem less for your mother and me”, my father said deadly serious leaning against my door frame.

This can’t be true.

“I’m your son!”, I exclaimed in confusion.

“Not anymore. Get out of my house!”, he yelled back at me throwing a sports bag next to me on the carpet, which was covered with blood stains.

Tears tried to escape my eyes, but I took a deep breath to calm myself down.

Do not show feelings!

So I started packing as much things as I found.

But I left the bowties and vest in the drawer. That’s the old me, that’s not my style anymore.

I heard my mother screaming at my dad downstairs and sprinted with the bag on my shoulders down the stairs.

“Don’t go honey, please”, she begged sobbing into my shoulder, as she gave me a huge hug.

“Don’t worry, mom. I love you”, I tried to reassure her without giving my dad attention, who was already opening the door.

“It will be alright”, I said mainly to myself but my mother, who broke down on the floor as soon as I let her go, and stepped out of my childhood home, better called as hell.

¤¤¤

I wandered around the streets for a long time, not really knowing where I was.

It was already dark and not every street had a working streetlamp.

At some point I yawned loudly and decided to lay down on one of the benches. I clearly lost my orientation and I don’t have anywhere to go though. I heard voices of teenagers laughing and joking from a few feet away.

I ignored them and sat down on the bench, trying to make it comfortable with the only working streetlamp above my head.

“What the hell?”, I heard a familiar voice cursing in front of me and I looked up…directly into Kurt’s face.

My eyes widened and my mouth opened in confusion.

“Kurt”, I whispered under my breath.

“What are you doing here?”, he asked.

Only now I noticed two familiar persons standing behind him, as well.

I think it was Mercedes and Tina, but I wasn’t sure about it.

“I could ask you the same”, I replied knowing it was the most stupid answer to note that I was literally sitting on a bench with a bag over my shoulders.

“Didn’t you realize that you’re in front of my house?”, he asked confused.

“Oh my god”, I gasped and turned around.

Fact, that was his house. I threw my hand onto my forehead and sighed embarrassed.

“I’m sorry. I got to go”, I stuttered and got up to walk away.

“Uh, wait”, Kurt said stressed grabbing my wrist, “You wanna come inside?”.

I hesitated. That was the complete opposite of what I wanted, but I don’t have anywhere to go and it was cold.

“Okay”, I answered finally and followed Kurt into the house, after he said goodbye to his friends, who were obviously overstrained with the whole situation. Just like me.

I followed him into the oh so familiar house. In the living room sat his father in front of the television.

“Uh, dad?”, Kurt said stuttering, while he scratched the hair in his neck.

“Hi Kurtie...”, he began, but stopped as he saw me standing in the door frame shyly. “Didn't you guys break up?”, he went on.

“Well, yes. Can he stay the night? I'll explain you everything tomorrow, okay?”, Kurt asked in an uncertain tone.

“Only if he's going to sleep on the couch", he agreed.

“Thank you, sir", I replied quietly, while Kurt already tried to drag me up the stairs.

“Thanks, I know it's weird", I broke the silence, as I was closing Kurt's bedroom door behind us.

“Yes, it's more than weird. I think, you owe me an explanation, Blaine", he answered confidently, almost angry.

I looked to the ground.

“It doesn't matter", I whispered.

“It does matter!”, he yelled.

“We broke up and you disappeared for five weeks straight. You missed the Regionals for God’s sake. You lost by the way. And then, suddenly you show up at my house in the middle of the night with a bag and a black eye. Where were you?”, he carried on in a lower voice.

“I just needed time to think", I said a little bit louder and started observing the room, while I felt the two beautiful ocean eyes following every step I took.

An open laptop laid on the messy bed and folders and books were distributed all over the small desk in front of the window.

“Still like what you see?”, I asked teasingly. By his annoyed sigh I realized how inappropriate the question was, but it still hurts to look this gorgeous man into the eyes and knowing he's probably happier without me.

Apparently that fact made me so angry, that I had to press my fingernails into the palm of my hand to calm down.

“Maybe you should know, that I'm kind of dating someone. It's not official yet, but we went on a few dates", Kurt answered closing the laptop and sitting down on his bed.

I pressed my nails into the palm more and more to make sure, I wouldn't do anything stupid.