~ chapter four ~

I felt weird sneaking through a stranger's house, but there was no other option.

In the other corner of the living room I saw a light and heard two different voices.

The closer I got to the light, the clearer were the voices.

"Of course we can help him, Kurtie", an unknown voice said.

"Thank you, Dad. I can sleep on the couch", Kurt replied.

Standing in the door frame, I knocked against the wood.

"Hi, my name is Blaine Anderson, sir", I introduced myself shaking hands with a tall man, which had occasional similarities with the boy next to him.

"I think that’s obvious. Call me Burt, kiddo”, he replied holding my hand with a firm grip.

"You can stay as long as you want and you can take anything without asking", he continued.

"Thank you very much. I have one more thing: my car is still standing in front of the café. Can we just go and get it real quick?", I asked carefully.

"Fresh air will certainly be good for you. I’ll sit down in front of the TV now and watch a football game. Kurt, take your mobile phone with you in case of an emergency", Burt ended our little conversation.

I sprinted upstairs and took my car key out of the same pocket, I had my phone in earlier, put on the black patent-leather shoes and went downstairs again.

Kurt already stood next to the door and gave me a jacket.

"Here, it's cold outside", he commented.

The jacket was way too big for my rather skinny upper body, but I didn't care, because it smelled like Kurt and in some way, it calmed me down.

"So your nickname is Kurtie?” I teased him trying to start a conversation.

"I hate it", he laughed, while he looked me in the eyes. 

Apart from his pretty face, which was visible due to the streetlight shining directly onto it, I could barely see anything at all.

What or who am I to him? Am I just a pitiable little boy to him? Well, what could he think of a guy, he had just saved from a few bullies?

For a while we were just walking silently on the narrow sidewalk touching each other’s shoulders, until Kurt suddenly broke the silence.

"I have a competition tomorrow night. Would you like to come and watch me perform? I think I’m going to die from nervousness. There’s also a party afterwards, whether we win or lose".

"What kind of competition?" I wondered.

"I'm at a Glee Club, you know? It’s like a school choir. If we win...", he began.

"... you will go to the Regionals", I concluded his sentence. I was shocked.

"Wait, how do you know that?", he asked confused.

"I am also in a Glee Club... the Warblers", I replied.

Kurt stopped to walk.

"Seriously?!" he shouted in shock, "Then we are actually competitors".

"Yes, we are", I replied under breath.

We were both too surprised to find the right words at that moment, so we just stood on the sidewalk and looked each other in the eyes.

"Is that bad?", Kurt asked after a little while and went on walking. I followed him.

“Honestly, I don’t think so. But the Warblers are going to watch their competitors tomorrow. But I would rather stick with you. Our leader is my worst bully", I replied insecure.

"We’ll rehearse before it’ll start, but I can introduce you to my friends and you can watch our performances backstage", Kurt said with a reassuring voice.

"Won´t they most likely hate me? I'm still part of the opponents", I asked astonished.

“I am pretty sure, they’ll like you. You don’t look like much of a spy to be honest", he admitted joking.

Because of this interesting but also kind of weird conversation I didn't realize that we had already been close to my car, standing in the parking lot.

We hurried to get to it and I opened the passenger door for him.

He sat down, I got into the driver's seat and started the engine.

Of course I didn't remember the way to Kurt’s house, so he had to guide me.

Less than ten minutes later I parked my car right next to his in the large driveway.

Kurt opened the front door quietly, because the headlights were already turned off. Burt must have gone to sleep, although it wasn’t even that late.

We sneaked up the stairs, into Kurt's room, where I somehow managed to close his door without any sound.

Luckily Kurt gave me one of his pyjamas, which I donned in the bathroom, while Kurt changed in his bedroom.

The clothes were a little bit too big for me as well, but I couldn’t care less, because they were so comfy and soft.

While I was ensconcing myself in Kurt’s bed, I watched him do a facial care routine, which I usually do myself, as well.

"Don't laugh! You cannot get soft and healthy skin without taking care of it", he said wholeheartedly, without turning his gaze away from the mirror.

I decided to stay silent about that comment.

"Do you really want to sleep on the couch? It looks a bit small,", I inquired to change the subject, while looking at the small green couch in the other corner of the room, "We could share the bed if you don't mind".

Kurt turned around with a very confused look and blushed. Him being nervous was one of the cutest things I’ve ever seen, and I got lost in his ocean blue eyes.

"Yeah okay. I’m fine with that", he finally replied finishing his evening routine.

I slipped under one of the two white blankets and turned to the side. So did Kurt.

Now we were able to look each other directly into our eyes.

His blue eyes had a beautiful white shimmer. They were so beautiful, that I wasn't able to turn away.

But I didn't seem to be the only one who couldn't stop looking at a pair of eyes.

Kurt’s look was intense, and I felt foreseeable in some way.

Also there was this emotion, I could see in his eyes. Something warm, like love or interest, but I tried to forget about that almost immediately.

We stayed in that position for several minutes until Kurt abruptly said, "Good night", smiled bewildered and turned to the other side.

I needed a few seconds to gather my thoughts, but as I turned around, I fell asleep almost immediately.