Elphie

I've left Nessa.
For good this time.
I can't deal with her anymore, I've done everything I could for her and it's never going to be enough, it's like she doesn't realise that I've always been looking out for her.
I walk back down into mine and Fiyeros hiding spot, it's almost like a bunker, Fiyero is there waiting for me.
"Elphaba, your back, did anything happen?" He asks, I start to cry.
Fiyero holds me tightly and wipes my eyes,
"I've done something terrible to Boc" I whimper, "nothing good ever comes from being like me"
I collapse into Fiyeros arms, he so warm and protective,
"Did you father stand with you?" He asks "why was Boc even there?"
I gaze helplessly into Fiyeros eyes, the way they glisten in the moonlight is very comforting.
"My father died and left Nessa alone, she turned to Boc, but everything went all wrong!"
Fiyero, holds me at arms length,
"It's not your fault Elphaba, none of this is"
I can't believe him, because it's not true.
I've abandoned the only person left in my family, she can't fend for herself.
"Fiyero pass me the Grimmerie" I say suddenly,
Fiyero hands me the book without asking questions,
I flip it to a preservation spell.
If I can't be with Nessa the least I can do is protect her.
I begin to read the spell aloud, it's a short one so I finish it quickly, I have no idea if it's worked or not.

"Elphaba what was that?"
I look at Fiyero helplessly,
"A preservation spell, it was to help Nessa incase something bad happens"
Fiyero puts a hand to my chin,
"I don't even think it worked" I say solemnly.
Fiyero shakes his head,
"Elphaba what are you talking about, your are more powerful than you give yourself credit for, it definitely worked"
I lean forward into Fiyeros arms again.
Feeling his strong embrace makes me feel powerful.
For once in my life I know what I feels to be truly wicked.

Fiyero hold me tighter,
"Elphaba, don't ever leave me again, I need you to be safe"
I nestle into his arms, I feel safe, it's a type of love that I haven't felt before.
My heart is racing.
"I promise, we will always be together" I say truthfully, or at least I want tit to be true.
I want to stay within Fiyeros arms forever and I don't want him to let go.
I place my hand on Fiyeros cheek and he puts his under my chin.
Time stops for a moment.
Our lips touch, it feels exhilarating.

We separate and stare at each other longingly in the eyes,
"I never want to look back" I gush, Fiyero grabs hold of my arm,
"Elphaba, we should run away, we can go anywhere"
I nod exitedly, I refuse the let the only good thing in my life go to waist.
I kiss him again.
It feels wonderful, I feel like I've finally found someone who will love me for me.
No more fruitless battling for fathers affection, no more helping someone to not revive any gratitude.
This love is real and it's all mine.
"Elphaba, promise me that whatever happens you will be safe"
I look at him in surprise,
"What do you mean?"
Fiyero lowers my hands into my lap, he looks saddened all of a sudden.
"I sense something bad is going to happen"
I laugh, bad things have already happened, what could be worse.
"I know I'm wrong about a lot of things but one of the things that I've never been wrong about is you" he says, I can see the panic forming in his eyes.
"Fiyero you don't have to worry about me, I'll be fine, it's you I'm worried about"
Fiyero looks deeply at me.
"You were captain of a guard, it's was your job to capture me and now we are both on the run."

Everything feels so perfect, this moment just feels right.
As if me and Fiyero were destined to be with each other.
"Elphaba, nothing is going to happen to me I promise" he says lovingly,
"You can't make those kind of promises" I cry, tears spilling down my cheeks, Fiyero wipes them away with the back of his hand.
I feel silly, I know that every will be fine.
I have to tell myself that or I won't believe it.
I don't deserve someone like him, but he's here and he's mine and it feels so good.
"Elphaba as long as I'm alive I'll be here for you" Fiyero says comfortingly.
I nod my head, even though I don't believe him.
Fiyero stands up and walks around for a while, until he finally sits back down.
"You know Elphaba, you really changed me,"
I laugh and turn my head away so he can't see me blush,
"Don't laugh at me, I'm being serious, I used to not care about anything but now all I care about is you" he pauses "thank you Elphaba"
He strokes the side of my face, I feel truly accepted.
"It feels awful doing this to Glinda" I say foolishly killing the mood,
"She'll get over it I'm sure" Fiyero says but even he looks anxious, he always acts like he's so sure of everything.
How can anyone be sure of anything when the world is so confusing.

I've been thinking a lot about going back to Nessa, to apologise or to check in on Boc.
He's probably fled, the first chance he got to run he probably took it.
I hope she's alright, as much as she drives me insane she's still my sister.
My only sister.
"Fiyero, did I leave too soon, should I go back to Nessa" he looks at me worriedly,
"Don't be silly, you did the right thing, you always do" Fiyero puts and arm around me "it's not your fault that you always seem to get the wrong outcome."
I hope he's right.