Chapter 1

"Babe,babe,babe, wait for me!". I shouted trying to reach him. He's a fast walker and I disliked that. Actually I got carried away by this beautiful dress 👗 in this fashion shop which was by the street but Mark wouldn't pay attention to my funny attitudes that I wanted the dress. His eyes were so fixed on the road!!. What a man!.
Yeah, he's been like that since we were teens, before we started dating, he doesn't pay attention to what you do until you give him a hint of it, I still don't know if it's intentional or not, I had to tell him straight up what I want and that could be so frustrating. Hmmmm, he's my man anyway..The one I fell in love 😍 with right after graduation 👩‍🎓. "You noticed my attitude in front of the fashion store, right ??". I asked frustratingly
What attitude??. He asked back
"Seriously babe?". I was annoyed this time. "I wanted one of those dresses displayed in the store but being a fast walker that you are, I missed buying a beautiful dress as that". I replied.
"Oh really?, I'm so sorry hunnie". He apologized " we can go back and buy as many as you want, ok??". He said as he wrapped me in his arms.
"No,no,no, it's okay, let's just go home, I'm tired of strolling already ". I replied
"Hmmmm okay babe, whatever you say"
"Ooooooooh babe, couldn't you just pester me a little, I mean I'm not so tired". I thought in my mind as we walked to my house, hand in hand.
It was late evening already as we walked down to my house and finally we got to the house. Getting there, my younger sister was already at the porch waiting for me to get back with a frowned face.
"Hey Lucy" I called out to her. "Why are you out here in this cold, thought you were even out, I didn't meet you when I came back from work".I asked worriedly. "Oh now you're feigning worried???" She replied angrily "I've not eaten after coming back from the college, you didn't cook anything and you're here feigning some worried sis shit"
At that point, I had to give mark a signal to go home, this isn't the first time he saw my sister talk to me that way and it's best he should go 'cause she won't calm her angry self down till the next morning.
"Lucy Lucy Lucy, my cute,sweet ,little sister " I said sweetly as I approached her. " I thought you would have ate out or you would come back late, like the other day. I'm sorry I didn't cook for you"
" Whatever!, weather I eat out or not, come late or not it's s none of your business, you should have cooked, period!." She replied as she left in annoyance to her room.
"Aaaargh! This will take a long time to settle than I expected ". I groaned as I watch her leave for room. " Mum, Dad, why did you leave with such a cute, difficult sister, she isn't understanding at all". I said as I looked up to the sky right on the porch, hoping they could actually hear me.
Yeah, my mum and dad are dead, it was an accident, they were on their way to my college convocation with Lucy, then got hit by a truck whose brake failed according to the police report. Fortunately, my dear sister got spared, not leaving lonely completely.
So no matter how angry I can get at Lucy, she's still that sister that fought her way through to be alive. As soon as she woke up from being unconscious, she said "Alice, I thought you would I've been left alone but I begged God to spare me so I can take care of you". Damn, I was touched that day and for that I've always been thankful and loved my sister but she's been naughty for some months now but I'm gonna keep loving her that way. She's my sister!
I was about to go inside and rest my body on the sofa to watch my favorite television show and after that I'm gonna take a shower, go to bed and think about how to please Lucy tomorrow morning before going to work. But someone stopped me, he was a young boy, around a teen age, dressed in a company or store's delivery clothes with a motorbike, he came off the bike and walked towards me.
"Good evening ma'am". He greeted
"Evening to you too". I replied
"Do you live here??, I'm to deliver this to Miss Alice Williams"
"Oh that's me". I replied. " What's in the box?" I asked curiously
"Ummm, something from the store I work?". He asked back "I'm from the C$C fashion store that's down the street, I got the box tied already from a staffs of ours and I was also given an address and a name, so I know nothing about what's in the box, ma'am. You can just open it and you'll see something beautiful from our store. So goodnight". He said that so fast and hop on his bike, then, zoom!, he was out of sight.
"Ok box, let's get you opened and see what beautiful thing you have inside". I said as I go inside closing the front door and switching off the porch's light.
I took a paper knife from the book shelf in the living room to cut the wraps of the box, I was almost done taking off the wraps and I saw a paper glued to the box and it had something written on it "FROM MARK TO MY DEAR ALICE, SLEEP TIGHT MY DARLING ".
"Oooh I wonder what this could be, baby". I said to myself excitedly. And opened the box and OMG!!! It was that beautiful pink, stoned, and glittery dress I saw at the store earlier .
Mark could be so romantic and surprising when it comes to these things, you might think he's unbothered about what you do and then Boom!, he came from a surprising, exciting, and romantic side of his. "God, I love this man, I love him".I squealed as I took the box of dress to my room upstairs to give Mark a call and appreciate him for putting a smile on my face as I sleep tonight.

Lucy's POV:
"I wonder what she's squealing about now". I said annoyingly. "I'm sure Mark has done something again, the stupid rich boy,always getting on my nerves "
Her squeals just couldn't get me to sleep. I haven't eaten and yet she could still squeal. "For real??, Wait till I take from you the stupid guy that gets you squealing every time ".
" I knew if I didn't blackmail her emotionally when I was unconscious that time, she wouldn't have been so nice cause I'm not her father's daughter!. I'm sure she's aware of me being illegitimate that's why she's playing all nice,
holy and worried. Argh so annoying!"
"I wonder where the irresponsible man that gave birth to me is, Either ways, goodnight to me, I have to meet the girls early tomorrow".