Chapter 17

"So Rem everything I've seen here is actually true?". I asked
    "Yes my dear, it's been three months already and finally the truth has been known to you, I hope you'll be safe when you get back".
     "I really can't believe that Lucy actually wanted me dead and Mark too?, how could he have slept with my sister?, Well she isn't anymore". I said
     "You can't blame Mark, that was bound to happen, he just got swayed".
     "Typical Mark, that has always been his weakness. So Rem, if Lucy isn't my sister then whose daughter is she, how did she get to my parent's house". I asked
      "She is actually your half sister, your mother's daughter. Everything is not revealed to me but I'm sure you'll get your answers when you wake up. All I know is she isn't your father's daughter".
      "I guess I have a lot of things to do when I wake up". I said as I gave a long sigh.
     "Remember, Steven is the one for you and not Mark, he'll help you find your answers". He reminded. "Look at him, he's still by your bed side". He said pointing to the mirror.
      "Okay Rem, So is it goodbye now?"
    "Well not yet, only when you give back the ring". He said smiling.
   "Oh sure, here is it". I replied giving him the ring. And after that Rem led me to an entrance where everywhere was foggy, before I knew what was happening, my eyes were wide opened in the hospital, I could see Steven right by my bedside.
    "Alice, are you awake?, I'll be right back". He said as he went out to call the doctors.

                   * * * * * * * * * * * * *
  "Are you fine now Alice?". He asked after the doctors had checked up on me.
   "I'm fine Steve". I replied
   "Wow, you remember my name?, that's surprising, I never knew you would. I was planning on introducing myself later but I guess no need". He said smiling
  "Of course I remember you, you've been with me all this while, you don't even know me that well. We've only met twice right?".
   "Woah, your memory is really superb, you even remember all of that?, I guess you deserve to be discharged anytime soon". He said.
   "Thank you Steve, thanks so much". I appreciated.
   "It's nothing Alice, I just felt it's a responsibility for me". He replied
  "Hmm, responsibility. Well, I understand that". I said smiling.
   "Well, let me go and get those discharge papers at once, you haven't been home in like three months now". He informed as he left the room.
    "Home?, I wonder how it is now, I've been gone for a while and no one's there now. Lucy had moved on with my boyfriend, an ex now". I said to myself rubbing my palm together. "Wait!, the ring?, it's not on my finger anymore".