Chapter 4

So Dre, are you done listing the names of our staffs that are to collect the finished jewelries from our branch in Italy". Miss Rita, The head of C$C Human Resources department asked. "Remember you will be leading the team". She reminded.
"Yes ma'am, I listed eight of our staffs". Dre, her assistant replied.
"Oh nice, let me hear their names please".
"Ok ma'am, ummm... Jacob, Lawrence, Sam, Dave, Felix, Tom, Max and Happy". Dre listed.
" Wait, what about Steven, isn't he coming along??."
"Steven?!, he's so irresponsible and clueless ma'am, I don't think he should come along". Dre replied, strongly against Steven coming along.
"Come on Dre, you can't just conclude your judgement on Steven that way, if I didn't give you a chance of proving yourself of being a good assistant that you are now, you wouldn't be here today, so include his name ok??. He's coming along". Miss Rita concluded. "And that's the end of today's meeting Dre, go get ready for the trip, all tickets are ready right?"
"Yes ma'am, except Steven's own". Dre replied.
"Oh ok, give him mine, I won't be coming along".
"But ma'am.........."
"But what Dre". Rita interrupted. "This whole trip is in your hands Dre, and I wish you best of luck, so no more Buts please". She said as she stood up to leave for another meeting.
"Well, that was quick. Let's get some works done Dre". He said to himself as he left the conference room. "Hey Braun, where's Steve??". He asked as he sighted one of Steve's colleagues.
"I think I saw him at the lobby with some dogs". Braun replied.
"Dogs?, at the lobby?, Why!". Dre asked, he's pissed already.
"Maybe the dogs are for some of our customers, he must have offered to take the dogs with him while their owners goes to shop just like the last time, Sir". Braun answered assuming Steve is about to repeat his last mistake, offering to take care of some dogs some customers brought along while they leave to shop.
"I thought I warned him not to repeat this, he should leave these issues to the security team for God's sake!, what if he gets bitten and his clothes gets torn by the dogs like the last time??. Is he a little kid that I have to be responsible for every time?!. God, this boy is such a pain in the neck". He complained as he left hurriedly for the lobby.
* * * * * * * * *

Steven was raised in an Orphanage, he got favored by Rita who is still single in her sixties. Steve was 16 when his Orphanage got invited by C$C Fashion store for a welfare program for teenagers, During the welfare program he answered a question that was thrown to the audience intelligently and since then he has been loved by Rita. Rita had sponsored Steve from his high school till college and then gaining his degrees, after that he came out with a second class degree, Rita offered him a job at C&C, then gave him one of her house and a car.
Rita could have adopted him and lived with him but she has always been a busy woman that doesn't have time to take care of a child nor a relationship which is why she's still single!. So she pleaded with the Orphanage to offer him shelter till he's old enough to own a house so he could focus on his studies, because most times some Orphanages do take care of the children till the age of 18.

Steven grew up as a nice person to everyone, he buys lunch for his colleagues, helps some of his colleagues finish their undone work and mostly interferes in people's business. Once he notices someone is being reprimanded, he helps to plead on their behalf. But when he's being reprimanded, no one comes to his rescue except Dre, his Guardian and best friend.
"Oh Mary mother of Jesus!". Dre exclaimed as he saw one of the dog's leash got loosed from Steve's hand and ran into the shopping mall. "Steve what have you done?!, Is this supposed to be your work, huh?!". He asked angrily as he got closer to Steven.
"Sorry Dre, I thought I could help some of the customers with their pets till they finish shopping". He replied apologetically
"Oh you're a pet assistant or something now??, Why don't you try minding your Damn business uh?, oh you think the securities here are for show, like some kind of amusing stuff??". He replied as he signaled to one of the securities to come over.
"Yes sir". The security man answered
"Oh yeah, can you please get these dogs to a safe place?? And also, a dog just ran off to the shopping mall, please get it out without causing an awareness and please do ensure that nobody gets hurt". He instructed.
"Right away sir". The security replied
"Now Steve, come with me". Dre instructed as they both leave for Dre's office.
"But I said I'm sorry". Steve said as he tagged along.
"Kindly shut your trap and follow me". Dre replied.