Chapter 16

"My dear my dear what's wrong with you?". He asked worriedly as I almost fell on the floor.
  "My heart is beating so fast and it's aching so bad, I don't know why". I answered.
  "Hmmmm, I guess your time will soon be up and you will wake up in the physical realm". He said with a sad face. "Are you okay now?".
  "I feel a little okay". I answered. "Is that a good or a bad news?". I asked noticing he didn't say what he said happily.
  "A bad news of course, you haven't even figured anything out yet. It's gonna be bad if you wake up without finding out anything, you could die". He explained.
  "That's really bad Rem, but why haven't you shown me anything yet?, you just kept asking me to follow you". I replied
  "Well I thought you had much time to stay here".
  "Oh really, I guess I'm on some kind of tour for like a year,right?".
   "Hmmm". He cleared his throat. "You have so much questions and I don't have time to answer them okay? You still have weeks to be here, so just follow me". He answered.
   "Always asking me to follow him". I said underneath my voice.

MARK'S POV:
     "I've made a grave mistake, how am I supposed to face Alice now?". I thought. "What if Alice wakes up and Lucy tells her everything??". These scary thoughts kept running through my head, I didn't know what to do.
     And just at the moment my mum called.  "Mark when will you be coming home?, it's been 2years now, won't you come and see mummy?". She said.
"Okay mum, I'll come in two weeks time". I replied.
     I knew she was surprised to hear that from me, I've never given her a straight reply whenever she asks me this question but right now the situation is different, I just felt running from the whole thing so I can get my senses back. I couldn't even visit Alice at the hospital.

LUCY'S POV:
    Before going to school I decided to call him and inform him about what happened,  I couldn't believe Mark would have left like that, I definitely dreamt he kissed me on the forehead and hugged me tight, and mum do tell me dreams come true but this is just an opposite of her "dreams come true" story.
     "Good morning". I greeted him
   "Morning my dear, why are you calling so early, everything went well right?". He asked.
    "Well, we both had sex but it didn't go well with him, like he got scared". I replied
    "That's normal, he probably got scared because he had sex with you not Alice, you should just tell him you're pregnant". He suggested.
    "Are you kidding, how am I supposed to tell I'm pregnant when we just had sex yesterday night, is it possible to get pregnant overnight?. I asked pissed off.
    "I'm sorry baby, you could wait for a week or two and just give him the news". He replied.
    "Okay fine, I'll do that".
   "Please take care of yourself okay?"
"Uh". I scoffed. "Why do you care all of a sudden". I asked.
"Come on Lucy, don't talk like this, you know I love you right?".
"Well, if you do you would have been there from the beginning, so don't get me involved in your emotions. Bye". I said as I hung up the phone.

                  * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
   It's been three months now and Alice is still in the hospital, I must have been a savior in my past life, that's why everything keeps working well for me. Mark was on his way to the airport and fortunately for me, I caught up with him and told him about the pregnancy, well being a fool and soft hearted person that he is, he believed it right away and he promised to take care of me and the baby but what will happen afterwards, I don't know. I just hope he loves me back just the way i do and when he does, I'm just gonna tell him about the fake pregnancy, he has a fragile hear anyway.
    He visited Alice at the hospital for the last time and after that we moved to Manhattan and then we both started a new life.