Chapter 20

"Wow Steve, your house is huge. Don't tell me you live here alone". I said arriving at his house.
  "Of course I live alone." He answered.
  "What about Rita?". I asked curiously. "Doesn't she live with you".
  "Rita?". He laughed. "She is a busy woman in her own world, please Alice let's just go inside".
  "I can't wait to see the great view your house has". I said as I held his hand and walked in. I couldn't believe I actually held his hand and I'm sure he wasn't expecting that from me too but Rem's words keeps pushing me to be fast about my relationship with Steve.
   "Oh my God!, Steve, this is so beautiful. How long have you been living here all alone?". I asked
   "Well, since I was 21?, If I could remember vividly".
   "For real?. We are almost the same though, I've also been living alone from a young age just that I had someone to live with".
   "Yeah, that's fairly true. So what would you like to have?".
   "Hmmm, do you know we're just left a restaurant?. Come on Steve, I'm full already. I've got to know your house and that's quite enough for the day already, let me just go home now.". I said.
   "You joking right?, it's late already and the estate gate would have been closed already".
    "For real?. You should have told me that already, I wouldn't have disturbed you about bringing me to your house".
    "I didn't think of that, I'm sorry. Do you mind staying in the guest room for the night?. The whole thing just skipped my mind, I should have informed you earlier but the excitement that you wanted to get to know my house took over my senses". He explained apologetically.
    "Okay fine, I'll be honored to stay in your beautiful home for the night, young man". I replied.
     It was the middle of the night already, and my throat feels so dry. I needed to take water badly. "I wonder where his fridge is, I should have taken a tour around his around earlier". I muttered to myself as I looked around the house in the dark. "I wonder why he left the house so dark".
   "Is that you, Alice?". I heard his voice in the dark wondering where his voice is coming from.
    "Yes Steve, please switch on the light. It's kinda getting scary here". I said.  Oh Jesus!, he was looking so sexy, Steve was standing opposite me shirtless. Damn!, I might not be lucky having my parents with me for a long time but my spouses (Mark and Steve).........I guess they are a compensation from heaven for taking my parents so early. Mark was a sad past but I'm so excited I have Steve with me now.
    "What are you doing here, Alice. Are you fine?". He said as he approached me but I was so lost in thought staring at his beautiful body. God forgive me!. "Alice?". He called as he held my shoulder.
     "Uh, oh yeah. I was feeling thirsty, Yeah  definitely thirsty". I answered
     "Oh isn't there water in your room".
      "Water?. I didn't see any". I answered. "What about you, why aren't you asleep yet?".
      "Oh I had works to do, they've been pending all this while. It has to be on Dre's table this Monday". He answered.
      "You're reading in the dark?". I asked.
      "Of course not, I have a lamp with me". He replied.
      "You're such a strange guy Steve, you're using lamp when you have all these beautiful lights. Anyway, can I help?, you know I'm good with things like this, I couldn't get any sleep too".
      "Are you sure about that?. It's really late and you should get some sleep".
      "No, I'm fine. I'll just have water and join you but only if you tell me where your kitchen is".
      "Just have your seat, I'll go bring it for you". He said.
   I had another chance to be with Steve again, while we both sort out his work, he told me about our trip to Manhattan the next day. He had reserved a guest house for both of us to lodge while we stay at Manhattan. I hope it's gonna be okay to see both my ex and sis then.
   "But how will we find them?". I asked after realizing we would just arrive at Manhattan with no clue of what to do or where to start from.
    "That's simple Alice, Rita's P.A helped me in searching for their house and he found a house registered under Mark's name".
    "Wow Steve, that's so great. You're really the best Steve". I said. "I really really love you!". I said that unknowingly. That was the most embarrassing moment of my life. Did I just spill that out?. I immediately stood up so I could just run to the room and just cover my head in the duvet out of embarrassment.
     "Wait Alice". He said as he held my hand. "I didn't hear that clearly, please repeat that".
     "Huh?, did I say something?. Maybe it was just a slip of the tongue". I replied.
     "I definitely hear you say the words Alice, cause I feel the same too". He said and I felt shocked, well not so shocked. That was bound to happen but it just happened so quick.
      "You mean you love me too?". I asked and he just answered that with a kiss. Oh, it just felt so sweet. It's been long I had my lips romantically dipped in someone else's lips and that was our first night of having a sweet and memorable moment.

LUCY'S POV:
    "Finally you're home, you didn't even give me a call to notify me if you ain't gonna come home yesterday". I said as I welcomed Mark. I can't believe I'm really turning into a love freak day by day.
     "I'm sorry, there was so much to do at work". He explained.
    "Wait, did you drink?. You smell of alcohol".
    "It's none of your business okay, I just wanna sleep".
    "It's not even evening yet Mark, is something wrong?".
    "Just mind your business". He replied as he went off to his room and that got me pissed off, I just needed to put that act on at the moment.
    "Markus!!". I yelled
    "Did you just yell?".
     "Yes I did". I said with a shaking voice. "Why are you being like this toward to me Mark?, I love you so much but you kept acting this way towards me and you know very well that I'm carrying your baby. You shouldn't be so heartless towards me Mark". I cried as I moved to him where he was lying on the bed. I could see him feeling bad already, my dad is such a master planner, it worked!.
       "Okay fine, you know you shouldn't get riled up because of your health. Just come and sleep here with me".
       "Did he just say that?, he must be drunk". I thought as I laid beside him. "Won't you hold me Mark?, I might just fall sick you know".
       "Okay fine". He said as he agreed. And right there I slept with him, I might just really get pregnant now. I felt so happy thinking about that, Mark is such an easy person. If I had known he was an easy catch I would have made my move earlier.

                * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    "Manhattan is such a beautiful place, right Steve". I said as I stretch my hands to the car window feeling the early morning breeze.
    "Hmmm, yes it is but I have a problem with you Alice". He said.
    "With me?, and what's that!".
    "Isn't it time for you to start calling me sweet names like 'babe, darling, gummy bear, heartbeat' and all that? We are couples already,Alice. You shouldn't keep calling me Steve Steve, it's so ordinary".
    "Oh really?, I didn't think of that. Sorry". I said
    "Well, a peck would do for an apology". He said. Such a nasty fellow.
     "Steve!". I called as I blushed.