Chapter 21

"Are you sure you'll be fine when you see Mark and Lucy?". He asked as we arrived at the guest house in Manhattan.
   "Of course I'll be fine. I have you, my Prince Charming". He said as I hugged him.
    "Whatever you say, let's go in now". He said as he signaled to the security man. "Please can you bring our luggages to our room".
     "Sure sir". He answered and we both  left for our room.

                     * * * * * * * * * * *
"Babbbby". I called lovingly as we got to the room.
"Hmm, yes swii". He replied
"Uh swii?. And what's that?"
  "A pet name of course, you've been asleep all this while that's why you aren't aware of the trends nowadays".
  "Fine, you win". I replied. "Should we leave for Lucy's place in the evening". I asked.
   "Okay, but we've got to shower and sleep first. I feel so tired from driving".
   "Sorry babe, you can just take a shower before me and take a rest after".
   "I didn't get that". He said
   "I said you should take a shower before I do".
   "But I wanna take a shower with you, Why on earth would I have a shower alone when you're right here, absurd right?".
    "Come on Steve, you're being nasty again".
    "Well, I'm not wrong though".
     "Fine, have your shower and let's go and surprise some folks". I said excitedly.

"LUCY'S POV:
    "I really hope I get pregnant this time. I had watched in that movie aired last night that children do bring their parents closer to each other". I mumbled as I clean the house. "Is that the doorbell?, the milk man is probably here". I guessed as I heard the doorbell rang. "I'm coming".
    "Hey Lucy". He greeted, I felt I was probably imagining something absurd so I closed the door, went back inside and opened again.
     "It's not an imagination, Stark!, I thought you wouldn't come for a visit. It's not pleasant meeting you by the way". I said.
     "You haven't stopped with your hurtful words". I replied. "Is Mark in?".
     "Well yes. I hope you could turn around and go back to wherever you came from, I've seen enough of your bothersome face". I answered. "And I hope you buried her well, 'cause I'm sure she's gone beyond by now".
      "Lucy, I can't go back now cause I have a visitor for you and Mark, ok?. You should invite us in first". He said
      "Visitor?, I see no visitor here"
      "Of course there is. Gummy bear". He called.
      "Gummy bear?". I scoffed. "Is it your pet".
       "You'll see, 'cause she's more than a pet".
       "Alice?". I mumbled as I saw a figure like my sister coming out of Stark's car.
       "Hi Lucy, it's been a while". She said as she joined Stark and I but I wasn't paying attention, I was still dumbfounded at what I'm seeing. How come she's still alive, I thought she's still gonna be in coma for as long as I could think of. "Oh God, Mark!". I remembered. "Lucy Lucy". She called.
       "Oh y..e..a..h Alice?, you're here". I said stammering. "Hum, why don't we go to a place to talk?". I suggested.
       "I think your house is better, won't you invite me in at least". She said as she barged in holding Stark's hand. I guessed both of them I've really moved on.
      "Mark Mark". She called. "Is your husband not at home?". She seemed to  know everything that happened already, Stark must have told her.
      "Please don't call him out, he's sleeping and he doesn't like being woken up from sleep"
      "Well you definitely don't know Mark as much as I do, there's no harm in waking him up from his sleep. So call him out".
      "I'm gonna call the police now if you both refuse to leave the house now". I threatened.
      "Police?". She laughed. "I think they will take you first when they find out you tried to kill me". She replied. She knew this too but how?, I'm sure Stark isn't on this one.
      "Why am I hearing voices Lucy, can't you just keep it down with your friends". Mark said as he came to the sitting room. "Alice?". He said as he moved closer."is this you, Alice?". He said as he moved more closer to where she was sitting.
       "Mark get yourself together". I said as I held him back. "Please you people should leave now, we are happy and will always be happy without you guys". I said.
       "Alice I'm sorry, I'm really sorry. It was a mistake". He apologized as he got on his kneels.
       "Mark what are you sorry for?, please get up". I said trying to pull him up.
       "You should apologize too, Lucy, let's ask for her forgiveness". He said annoyingly which is what I hate about him.
      "Well, all I just came to do is to show you guys how healthy and happy I am right now. It was painful finding out my two favorite people turned against me overnight but thanks to that I found a true love, that's never ending soon and I'll be sure to invite you guys to our wedding". She said.
      "Thanks for your speech, so can you leave now?. Mark might pass out from this shock you know". I replied.
      "And lastly Lucy, thanks for being at least my mother's daughter and not deciding to kill my father so your dad and mum can be together. I wouldn't have been happy seeing you off to jail, that would have been the least of my wishes". She said as she and Stark left the house. She knows about our parent's story too?, I wonder how much she found out while in bed.
     "Mark Mark Mark". I called. "Can you get up now and stop crying like a foolish kid, she's out!". I said
     "Alice,I'm really sorry". He kept saying that annoyingly.
     "Can you just fucking get up now Mark?, I said she's gone okay?, she's gone and I know you can see that, you ain't blind".
     "Don't you feel apologetic at all?". He said as he stood up
     "For what?".
      "For trying to kill her". He said. "I definitely heard that before joining the conversation, I came out wondering who would have said that to you until I saw Alice".
     "Oh, you found out?"
     "And you should feel sorry for doing that"
     "Why should I?, it not like I actually killed her, Mark and by the way it's fine now, I'm happy and you are also happy, so we have  nothing to be worried about"
     "And who told you I'm happy being with you. I'm putting up with this unfortunate situation because of the baby ok?".
    "And what about me?".
    "You?"
    "Yes me, what I'm I to you Mark?".
    "Someone I'm having a baby with?, we don't have feelings for each other so there's nothing to us except the baby".
    "But I love you Mark, how could you say that?".
    "I've told you numerously that I don't love you, I only love Alice. Ok?".
    "Even now that's she is with someone else?".
    "Yes!". And that was all I could hear before I blacked out. "It was unfortunate meeting you and never have I thought I will end up finding myself in this situation but things happens and I'll manage this whole thing till you give birth!". I kept hearing his voice saying that.