Chapter 13

LUCY'S POV:
   "Finally, she's unconscious". I said after I had given the fish pepper soup filled with a liquid that he has given me to her. I wonder where he got this from, it works so fast. "Alice, Alice, wow. She's really not moving. Oh I hope she's not dead". I was scared this time that I had to check her nostrils if she's still breathing and yes, she's still alive.
     When the day has gotten darker, I carried out the plan just as he has instructed. I had to throw her in the river making sure she drowns, but it was a whole lot of work, she was too heavy to drag but I had to do it if I want to get Mark. After throwing her in the river, I waited for about an hour to call 911.
    "I went for a short stroll and getting back to the site, I could see her floating on the water". I said to the doctor.
    "Ok ma'am, wait outside while we give her the necessary treatment". He replied.
     Few minutes later, i remembered to call Mark and inform him what was going on and in no minute, he showed up.
"Mark, sit down, nothing will happen, please don't get pressurized". I advised. This is another big deal I have to solve now, he kept going to and fro that I started getting dizzy. I had to force him to sit down so I can have peace. Such a bother!
The doctor finally came out and I really hope he came to give good news.
"Umm madam, I'm sorry to inform you that the patient got a cardiac arrest leading to coma but for now she's stable, anything can happen anytime, all we can do is to keep praying". The doctor explained.
"Oh God!". Mark exclaimed as he moved closer to the doctor and I. "Can I see her now, doctor?". He asked.
"Sure sure, just two people are allowed". The doctor replied.
"Thanks, that's not a problem and please I don't want her in the ICU, the VIP room is better, I'll settle the bills myself". He said.
   Mark is such a bother, I need to get him back his senses, but not now though. I still have a lot on my table.
"Okay sir, the nurses will get the room ready for the patient". The doctor replied as he left the hall.
    I could see Mark breaking down already, his face was so moody and I felt I should follow my mind. I just felt like I have a big chance of getting Mark this time. I moved closer to where he was sitting. "Hey Mark, stop crying". I said as I wiped his tears with the sleeve of my dress. "Alice is gonna wake up okay, right now you shouldn't be down when Alice needs you most, so please gather your strength. Okay?".
"Yes you're right Lucy, thanks". He replied.
"Yes yes you're welcome, so can you take me to the house now, I have to pack some stuff for Alice". I asked.
"Of course, lets go".
    Mark is really easy to convince or maybe nice, he kept making the whole thing easy for me. I guess that's why Alice is so stuck to him like glue. Hey girl, I gotta enjoy him while you lie on the bed like a vegetable.

   "You can sit here Mark, I'll go get some of her stuff and be back in a jiffy". I told him.
   "No Lucy, let me help too". He replied.  Oh wow this is going well, I'm sure the heavens really wants Mark and I together in no time.
  "No Mark, you would be stressing yourself, so please, sit back. I'll be back now".
  "Please Lucy, I wanna pack too, I'll join". He said as he stood up, leaving for Alice's room. I guess he's determined to join me in packing.

   "I'll pack some of her gowns and hairbrushes". He said.
Mark's so sweet and romantic, I couldn't stop looking at him. Alice's so lucky and I'll be a lucky girl soon.
  "Okay, I'll pack the underwear then". I included.
"So Lucy, why are you girls staying in different rooms, you're girls right, so there shouldn't be a reason for you to be in different rooms. I'm just curious about it". He said.
"I chose to be in a different room since mom and dad died. I just wanted my own space. That's it". I answered.
"Hmmm Lucy, can you come sit over here please". He asked tapping on Alice's bed.
"Okay". I said as I sat down.
"Umm Lucy, you're like a younger sister to me you know, and as my fiancé's little sister, I want you guys to get along.........". Fuck whatever you have to say Mark, fuck me being like a younger sister to you. He's fucking handsome, God!, his pointed nose and moving pink lips are out of this world. I couldn't just stop staring at his face, I couldn't hold myself back. I gave him a goddamn kiss. "Oh my God, I'm so sorry Mark, I didn't mean to, it was mistake". I said as soon as I got my senses back. Surprisingly, he held my hand, drew me back, gave me a deep kiss back and I didn't know when we both took each other's cloth off. God!. It's gonna be a long sweet night in Alice's room!!.