Chapter 22

"She's fine now, you can go in to see her". The doctor said.
   "Are you sure she's fine now, doctor?". Mark asked worriedly.
   "Of course, she just fainted due to stress. I'm sure she's awake now, go and check on her". The doctor assured as he left.
                      * * * * * * * * * * *
  "Hey, you're up already?". Mark said as he walked towards Lucy's bed.
  "Yes I am".
  "I'm sorry I spoke to you that way earlier". Mark apologized.
  "It's fine".
  "Hope the baby is kicking fine?". Mark asked.
  "Baby?". Lucy asked forgetfully.
  "Yeah, the baby, our baby". Mark reminded.
  "Oh true, our baby!. It's kicking fine".
  "Shouldn't we start choosing names now?". Mark asked obviously trying to make up for his behavior.
   "Sure, that's nice".
   "I think you can go home now, I'll be back". Mark said as he left for the doctor's office.

ALICE'S POV:
   It's almost three weeks now that I've seen Mark's and Lucy's faces. I guess my past is totally behind me now.
   I could see Steve, the love of my life approaching me, he looked perfectly tall, muscular and handsome. His dress suit him perfectly, he had worn a long sleeve top showing his abs, a trouser matching the color of the top and a nude color kimono with white sneakers. He's such a fashion killer!.
    "Are you going for a fashion show or something?". I teased as I held his arm.
    "Huh, Why did you ask?". He asked confused.
    "You are all dressed up just to go to a cinema! Babe, what if some other girls snatches you from me?".
     "Alice". He laughed. "You know that can't happen right?, not in this lifetime. So let's go and watch our movie". He said.      "And you look stunning too just for a movie Alice, what if they take you from me?".
      "Are you mimicking me right now?, you know that ain't gonna happen".
      "I know, right?". "And before I forget, Rita wants to meet with you, she's having a dinner party on Saturday with some of her business associates, she would like to meet you there". Steve informed as we got into his car.
      "Oh my God!". I freaked out. "Are you serious?, I've never been to a dinner party before, what am I gonna do?".
      "It's fine, I'm here for you".
      "Oh true, I forgot that for a sec. Is Dre gonna be there too?".
      "Of course babe!, anywhere Rita is, Dre is always there except when he has a lot on his table". Steve replied.
      "They should just get married already!".
       "That will happen soon".
       "Soon?. What do you mean by that?". I asked in confusion.
       "Well, Dre informed me he's gonna ask Rita to marry him this Saturday".
       "You mean at the dinner party?".
       "Yeah".
       "But they are not dating right now".
       "You think that matters, they are old and rich, what are they probably waiting for?".
        "Well I hope Rita agrees". I said
        "Of course she will, she has feelings for him too, I have observed that since college".
        "Wow, that's really a long time".
        "Yup! So it's best they make it fast".

MARK'S POV:
     "Congratulations Mr Mark, your wife is 2 weeks pregnant".  The doctor announced.
     "Huh?, 2 weeks pregnant?, what about the other baby in her belly?".
     "What baby sir?". The doctor asked confused. "According to the test result she's is 2 weeks pregnant and this is even her first time being pregnant, I guess you've been really waiting for a long time right?, Congratulations once again Mr Mark". The doctor explained as he shook my hand.
      I felt like the whole world has fallen upon me at that moment. Has Lucy been lying to me all this while, but what for?. Oh!, "she loves me" I remembered. I should have asked for a test result rather than getting fooled by her sly tongue and eventually loosing Alice to some stranger!. What about the doctor that kept saying I should take good care of her pregnancy?, she must have probably paid him off. I feel like going into her room and strangle her right there with her newly found pregnancy. Wait!, what if this baby isn't mine? and she wants me to be responsible for something fake again. I'd better not fall for this again, I need to go back home ASAP!. I need to leave all this sad situation behind me, I really need to get my self back.
     I need to leave this woman right away, I've had enough!.