Chapter 10

STEVEN'S POV:
      "What a surprise!". I said nicely. "Who would have thought we would meet here, Lucy?". I could remember her sweet name vividly. She has been on my mind ever since we met and the guts she showed that day kept hovering over my head, she's just my spec! But she's still not interested in me, I could tell right away. I guess you hardly get what you want when you willing to go for it. "I knew we were destined to be Lucy, don't you think so too?". I continued.
      She gave a smirk and replied "you really have a way of getting on people's nerve Mr Stark, anyway, I need to get out of this charade please. I hope we never cross paths again".
      "Charade??". What does she mean by that?". I thought continuously in my head till I left the venue. I guess the happy couple are having their nice time in the hotel room, so I decided leave also.

                   * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
LUCY'S POV:
          "What am I gonna do, What am I gonna do". I thought repeatedly in my head and I felt I needed to talk to him again, we've seen each other quite a while now and I wonder where he is at the moment, always hiding. I only have one way of reaching him, through a phone booth and I hope he picks up this time.
     I can't just stay idle while that bitch takes Mark from me. We are both meant for each other, I could feel it right away but Mark's so in love right now that he can't see what a great match we both are. I searched for a phone booth around me and luckily for me I found one across the road i was and I approached it. I couldn't wait anymore, "I need to get this done before Mark chooses a wedding date". I said as I dialed his number.  "Hello, I think I'm gonna need your help now, just kill Alice, make her disappear forever please". I said as I cried to him on the phone.
"Stop crying my dear, I can't kill her but we can make her unconscious till you get what you want, ok??".
"Why can't you just kill her, it's easy for someone like you, right?". I asked.
"Look at you, you wanna have someone's blood in my hands again??, do you think I will be able to sleep?". He answered convincingly "just follow what I say and hang up now, I'll give you a call". He said as he hung up.
   "I really hope this goes well". I said as I walked out of the booth. "Oh my fucking God". I shouted as I saw Mr Stark, the most annoying creature that kept showing up around me unexpectedly, standing by the tree not far from the phone booth, has he been following me?, I had hoped he didn't hear anything I said in there.
  "Are you a pervert now??, Stark". I asked as I approached him acting so cool so he wouldn't suspect anything, I had wiped my teary face well too.
  "You haven't gotten my name yet, Lucy??, it's Steve okay not Stark". He corrected but I don't think I'm interested in memorizing someone else's name right now, I just needed to get Mark for now. It sounded like I'm on mission, yes it is.
  "Whatever, I have to go now if you would excuse me". I said ignoring his correction. But he wouldn't let me go in peace, he kept asking me to let him drop me off at home. Such a wacko!, i ended up entering his car, I was tired anyway and he dropped me off at home. "My workplace isn't far from your house Lucy. This is fate right?, it's C&C, just down the road. I'm I permitted to visit you when I'm done at work?". He asked as he was about  driving off.
"Whatever Stark, it's your choice". I replied leaving him outside so he could just leave my premises and let me be!.

     I had waited for his call throughout the night, I couldn't sleep until 4:00am in the morning, I had to resume school by 8:00. Although It's not the school I care about, it's hanging out with the girls that mattered, we always have so much fun. Always!, we had never missed out on any fun-filled occasions and that's why we still remain the best fun girls. I woke up around 10:00, hurriedly took my bath and dressed up, I checked my phone and I found that I had missed 17 calls from Ariel. "Fuck!, She'll kill me this time". I said as I saw her text saying "Lucy pick your damn fucking call, I've you forgotten it's my birthday today?????". We had planned on going out today and I totally forgot. Oh stupid me!, how could I have forgotten my best friend's birthday and I could she's really mad with the never-ending question marks at the end of her text. I called and apologized to her, and then she sent me the address where the party's holding.
       As a rich daughter Ariel is, she held a huge party, I decided not to drink too much this time 'cause he might call me anytime. I have been impatient throughout the night and if I missed his call, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself.
       I was still at the party when my phone rang. Gosh!. It was him!. I immediately went into the rest room, where everything wasn't too loud. "Hey!, finally, you called". I said excitedly.
"Yeah, I had to call after figuring out how we're gonna do this, so don't mess things up okay?, and you had better not cry, your mum didn't leave you with me just to watch you cry. I'll do anything for you. So listen to me carefully and do as I tell you". He replied.
"Oh really, she left me with you but I can't find you anywhere, you're always hiding. Are you sure she really left me with you?". I replied pissed.
"Oh come on now my dear, not today ok??. Just do as planned. Wait for my call". He said and hung up.
   I felt so happy listening to his plan. Damn!, he's the best but could be irresponsible at times!