Part 17

Jake walked her to her room. She asked if she can see Lloyd just to check if he's okay. Jake insisted it's not safe and necessary and assure her he will be alright. She sigh before finally getting inside her room.

Sam woke up from the alarm beside her bed. She groan and reach for it. She feel like she didn't sleep at all. She force herself to get up and went to the bathroom.

She gently close the door and look at Lloyd's door. She was worried about him. She ignore the urge to knock on his door and walk away from the house to the training area.

She felt something was wrong when she came and saw mostly everyone casting a wary look at her. Nelly saw her coming and wave at her. She walk hurriedly to join her.

"You're late!" Nelly said to her ears.

"No I'm not!" She protested. She's never late.

"Yes you are. Alpha came earlier than anybody and order to start the training immediately. He beat some warriors who came late and announce that he will personally get the training done today.  This is not good." Nelly informed nervously.

"I thought he was still on drug."

"He's an Alpha! A drug wouldn't keep him out longer than any of us. "

The training was harder than usual.Everybody are tired but pushed to their limits. Sam was panting. Sweat was dripping on her face. She wipe it off with the back of her hand. They were doing push ups. She tried to shift to a  comfortable position  but Nelly who was beside her pull her hand pointing the approaching men. Lloyd, Zion and Jake .Three warriors are walking behind them. They keep him company just in case he gets a screw lose again. Lloyd's dark mood was making everyone terrified. No one dare to complain.

When the Alpha was gone, Jake gave a silent signal for everyone to take a break before he walk away and follow him. Everyone sigh in relief . Sam and Nelly went to their usual spot under a shady tree.

"What happen? They were talking about the Alpha and you together yesterday before he destroy a lot of things. Most of them are blaming you for the sudden change of his behavior. It was like when his mate died."

Sam sigh before she answer.

"He thought I am his mate."

"What?"

"He thought we were mate obviously were not. He got disappointed hoping he finally found his mate but it turn out he didn't."

"But he had a mate and she died in the hands of the Rogues."

"No, she's not his mate. She's a fraud. Use a potion to make him madly inlove with her."

"Oh!" Was all Nelly utter. They hid the truth to the whole pack. Only few wolves knew about it. Sam run her hand on her hair and tied it into a ban.

"What are you going to do now?" Nelly asked.

Sam shook her head.  Deep inside she felt sorry  for him and wish she was  his mate so things didn't happen like this. It's not fair to pretend someone she's not even if it hurt them both. And how about her real mate? What would he feel if he found her with another man? What if he demand to take her? Surely the Alpha wouldn't give up without a fight. Male wolves kill one another for their mate. She was very sure whoever her mate is wouldn't stand a chance against Lloyd.

The training ended just before sunset. Everyone walk slowly back to their home. Their demeanor shows how exhausted they were. Sam wave goodbye to Nelly and headed straight to her room. Nelly wave back, mouth shut.It's like it wasn't her. She must be very tired too.

Before she can open the door she heard someone coming. It was Lloyd with a red hair bitch. Jenny the pack's whore. She was giggling with what he said on her ears. They were holding hands and doesn't care about anyone around them. He stop and kiss her. She greedily held his neck and kiss him back.

Sam wince at the scene. Something stir inside her. Anger? Jealous? She wasn't sure but it was hurting her. It was like someone punch her hard on her stomach. Breathing became hard.

She didn't move hoping they wouldn't notice her. But the bitch saw her.

She said hi and wave her  hand at her like they were friends and smiling like she needed a shot of insulin. He must be aware she was there but adamantly ignore her. He pull Jenny beside him and embrace her while openingbthe door. She snake her hands on his waist like he would disappear. Lloyd kiss her ears and she giggle and they enter inside his room. Sam let go of the breath she was holding when the door close.

She stood there a little longer than needed. Fist clenched tightly. Her lips started quivering. She open the door into her room and walk fast into the bathroom. She wash her face and look atvthe mirror in front of her. Tears began rolling down her cheeks. She doesn't understand why. She has no rights to feel this way. They are mot mates. She fill the bath tub with warm water and submerged her aching body. Her body shook and she sob softly. She stay there till the water turn cold.

Something flash on her mind . She has to get out of here. Even if it means dying running away she will.  She cannot bear the pain. She succeeded running away once. She can do it again.