Part 29

She absently touched the mark on her neck and thought of him. The mate bond grew stronger after he marked her. He's always on her mind. She can't deny she's missing him. She gave Ben's advice a thought and slowly her guard is melting down. He is an Alpha. An Alpha without a Luna is weak. She cannot just abandon the whole pack and think only of herself. She has to think of Nellie, Jake, the Omegas who treated her well and other friends she had. There are not much but she likes the pack. Maybe she should listen to what he has to say. Maybe she should give him another chance. She close her eyes and the image of him kissing and touching another woman came in her mind.

Ben came in holding another bouquet of red roses. He found her sitting on the living room and handed it to her. She lost count how many times flowers were left on the doorstep.

"Persistent." Ben said raising a brow and left her on the couch.

She simply look at the flowers and put them beside her on the couch. He kept sending her flowers but he was not showing up anymore. His absence started to irritate her.

Once she spotted him standing on the other side of the road from the coffee shop where she enter. He was wearing a plain white shirt, washed jeans and sneakers. He looks good without making any effort. He was simply standing there looking at her. Sam's heart was hammering on her chest when she spotted him. She sigh and walked away. Too near and yet so far. He was within reach but she can't. Her pride was stopping her.

He was leaning quietly on a tree from afar for two or three days like he was waiting for her to get back from her run on the woods. Only to see her and then walk slowly away. Then she never saw his handsome face again.

" I heard he left today. There seems to be a problem in his pack about Rogues . They can't hold them much longer and they needed their Alpha. Can't blame them. He was away quite too long. Someone came to pick him up they left early this morning." Ben says from the kitchen holding a cup of coffee.

Sam sigh and walk towards her room. She was so upset that he was gone and didn't bother to show up and say goodbye. Isn't that what she wanted? Him to leave her alone? She was so confused she doesn't know what she wanted anymore. Ben leaning on the table from the kitchen smile knowingly to himself. He knows that look. He sat comfortably on the spot she left, turn on the tv and enjoy his coffee.

A month past, Sam's mood was getting really bad. She barely talk to Ben or leave the room. She's missing him so badly it's killing her. She threw the pillows and it hit the door. She lie on her stomach and bury her face on the bed. She couldn't stand it anymore. She stood and change for a running outfit. She chose a gray spandex shorts and a gray sports bra. She needed to run to clear her mind. He was invading her thoughts without even doing anything.

She went out of the house and stop beside the jeep parked outside. Ben was under fixing it.

"Hi Sam." He said not throwing a glance on her.

"Ummm..Hi Ben, just needed some fresh air. I think the air is quite cold this time. See you later. Sam says as she walk fast towards the forest .

Ben pulled himself out under the jeepney. Wipe off the sweat from his forehead and look at her disappearing figure. Sam changed a lot of things in his life since she arrived. He felt like he was alive again. Sam may not be his daughter but she gave him a purpose in life. He feels good whenever Sam is around.

She run till she reach the water fall. The cool breeze of air kissed her flawless face. She breathe in allowing the clean air fill her lungs. She lift her face and open her eyes when she sense someone was watching her. She turn around and a familiar figure was standing beside a tree holding on its trunk. She hold her breath when he smile and walk slowly towards her. Butterflies are flying crazy inside her stomach. He stop few feet away from her. She was dying to see him for days. She felt like she wanna cry but held the tears back.