Chapter 11 - Complicated

Once again I do not own anything apart from the characters that are not in any of the shows. Thank you for reading.

**Recap**

Beth has started her trip towards finishing school early. Everyone is once again fawning over her, both male and female. There will be more drama on it's way with a West and Smith Barbecue on the horizon.

I turn slightly to look at my mum, with a strained smile, "Family barbecue? Max is home? This is going to be fun." I can think of so many ways this could go wrong.
———————
Jade POV

"Mommy, why is Max coming home?" I whine at her, both my hands going around her arm, pulling slightly, knowing it would irritated her.

"Jade, Max is coming home, end of discussion. Now go say hi to your father, I just heard the car pull up." Mom said, pulling her arm out of my grip and going to the front door. She opens it and opens her arms for my brother to fly into them. "Oh my baby boy, how are you?"

"I am all good, Mom. Dad bought me a dog!" Jake exclaimed.

"What?" Mom shouted, I look around mom giving a little wave and a hi to dad and then moved to take Jake form mom's arms and into mine.

"Jakey, my little man." I say, ruffling his hair.

"Jade, leave me alone." Jake whine, pushing me away.

I stood there shocked, "Leave you alone? No boy, you have a dog."

I hear a deep chuckle from behind me, "You'd have something as well, if I got to see you more." Ted West said.

"Ted, I cannot believe you bought him a dog, did you not think of my two cats?" My mom said, steam practically coming out of her ears.

"It's fine, its only a burnese mountain dog."

My mom suddenly launched herself at my dad, I ran forward and grabbed her by the waist pulling her back. "For God sake Ted, they grow to become huge. How am I supposed to care for a huge dog and two cats?" She yelled.

I knew this wasn't ending anytime soon so I signalled to Jake to go inside with his is dog while I get dad to leave and mom to calm down.

---------------------------

**Later that day**

Max still hasn't turned up, typical of her. I love my sister dearly but she is just one big bitch. She is three years older than me and going to school in New York. I just don't like her because I know something definitely went down between her and Lizzie. Max stayed behind for a few months, after we moved to LA, with an aunt to see the schools out there and I know that they got close because of social media.

I huff, thinking about the past and that no one will ever give me a straight answer. I sit on the sofa next to Beck and he picks up my hand and starts to tickle my palm.

"Why is being the middle child so hard, Beck?" I ask, quietly, leaning my head on his shoulder

"Wow, everything makes sense now. How come we didn't know you had an older sister before now?" Beck asked, still tickling my palm, his head leaning on mine.

"What do you mean everything make sense now? And Max, I just try to forget about her, she is a major bitch and will take things away from you." I reply, knowing I am being a bit cryptic.

"Ain't that the truth, bitch took something of mine and I can never get it back." I jump up at hearing Lizzie's voice behind us. "So Max is really coming?" She asks, leaning in the doorway.

"Lizzie, what are you doing here?" I ask, still slightly mad at her for the ignoring me while big blonde pregnant bitch was around. I wonder if she knows about the pregnancy. I think to myself.

Lizzie walked towards me, holding her arms out wide, going to envelope me in them but I just take a step back. I see the look of hurt flash in her eyes, when she put her arms down and wrapped them around herself.

"I came to see if you were okay, I heard Max was coming home and I know what you two are like." Lizzie said, she then looked toward Beck, "But I can see I am not needed."

I watch her as she turns around and walks towards the front door, when she reached out to open the door, it flew open hitting her hand hard, I see her recoil her hand back, clutching it her chest.

"I am home, bitches." Was yelled out.

"Max!" Mom yelled happily.

"Max." I say grumpily.

"Hey Max." Lizzie said, wincing and still clutching her hand. I watch as Max smirks at Lizzie and then starts doing a little dance.

"Have you guys missed me?" Max asked, still dancing towards me

I roll my eyes and fake smile, "Oh you now Max, like a hole in the head." 

"Oh Jade, that's no way to talk to your sister." Mom said, pulling Max into a hug. "Maxie, I have missed you so much. How is New York?"

Max pulled off her bag and coat and hung it up, "You know New York, bright lights, city that never sleeps, all that jazz. Dad cut me off to make me learn a lesson, so I have a job at a diner and a baby sitting job as well." 

I laugh loudly, "You? Baby sitting? You hate kids." 

"Correction, Jadey Pie, I hated you as a kid." Max said, smiling and pointing at me, "And you are still what? 14, so I still hate you." 

"Max, stop irritating Jade, you know what she is like." Mom said, pulling Max into the kitchen. 

"No, Claire, she doesn't know what I am like, I haven't seen her in three years." I shout towards the kitchen, "Oh and Claire, your precious Maxine hurt your precious Beth, but I know exactly who you will stay with."

Beck walks behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me back in to the living room. I look back to see Lizzie , still clutching her hand  to her chest and walking towards us. 

"Jade, you need to stop letting Max rile you up. It's been three years, you have both changed, don't go back to your childish ways." Lizzie says, a small smile. 

"It's also been three years for us, Liz, we both have changed as well. I can tell you have had more than your fair of girls without me around." I say, just altogether upset about everything. "I just, I can't do this anymore, I don't know where I stand with you, especially not with blonde Barbie, and now I have to compete with my sister? I can't do it."

"Jade ple-" 

"No, Liz," I whisper, "I think it is best if you leave." I walk away, heading up the stairs, I see out the corner of my eye that both my mom and sister had heard everything. I sigh and shake my head, heading into the games room, slamming the door and throwing myself onto the sofa in there.