Chapter 30 - Edge of Seventeen

Last chapter my babies!

I hope you enjoy, sad to see this story come to an end, especially the characters I have created. I hope you all have enjoyed the ups and downs and the story line.

For the last time...

On with the show...

-------------------------------------------------------

Beth POV

"Bridget," Claire started, tears following down her cheeks, I was holding my breath, squeezing the life out of my mom's hand. "You have done nothing but been there for me and my kids, I don't think I would want anything else. Yes, I will marry you."

I squeal and jump and down with Cat, so excited that Claire said yes.

I watch as Bridget and Claire share a sweet kiss, after Bridget placed the ring on Claire's finger. After the kiss, Claire pulled Jake's arm and Bridget pulled Jade's arm and they all had a family hug. I took my phone out and took a photo of them all.

Their moment was interrupted by my mother and my auntie popping two bottles of Champagne and spraying it over the family. The music restarted and the whole party started to dance and talk again.

I walk towards the group, "Well, that was a fun little surprise wasn't it."

"I can't believe you all knew and sang to me." Claire exclaimed, she wrapped her arms around Bridget's waist again, pulling her close. "I don't think I am ever going to loose this smile for a while now."

"Oh I don't know, Jade will probably piss you off." I answered, pushing Jade's shoulder, who in turn glared at me.

"Oh yes, I forgot who my children are." Claire laughed, "Oh god, Bridget, you're going to be a step mother."

"Does that mean I can finally live my life out as the step mother from Cinderella?" Bridget asked, in all seriousness.

Jake hugged Bridget around the middle, tightly, "You have got to be the best step-mom, I have ever had."

Bridget hugged him back, shock in her features, "Thank you, buddy." She hugged tighter, closing her eyes.

"Well that answers if the kids are okay with it." Claire said, pulling Jade into her side for a hug, "Come on guys, we need to change our clothes, then we can come back an party."

-------------------------------------------

**1 Month Later** Jade POV

"Come on, Cat, we need to finish this song before we go back into school." I said, whining, leaning back on my bed.

Cat threw her arms up, "But Jade, it's still summer vacation. Why can't we go next door and hang out in the pool with Beth again?"

"Because we have shit to do, come on Cat." I plead.

"Fine," Cat whined again, pouting.

Been through some bad shit, I should be a sad bitch
Who woulda thought it'd turn me to a savage?
Rather be tied up with calls and not strings
Write my own checks like I write what I sing, yeah (yeah)

"That's it Cat, I think we have everything. That was just the last verse we needed to get sorted." I said, moving off the bed, sometimes it is like pulling teeth working with Cat. I go towards my closet and pull out a bikini, I look to Cat, "Do you need a suit?" She nodded and I threw one her way.

We finally got ready and made our way to next door. As we walk through the Smith house we hear singing and laughing. As we entered the back yard, we witnessed Beth and Santana messing around by the pools edge.