Chapter 19 - Complicated

Hi all, I hope are all good and enjoyed the last couple of chapters! I will ask that you do not watch the video attached to this chapter until asked because it will go with the story - hopefully.

Once again I do not own anything - if I did, I would be on an island drinking a lot.

Again thank you all for keeping with this story! It fills my heart with joy!

--------------------------------------

**Recap**

Jade and Beth were in an accident, Beth is in hospital. Jade is in turmoil, her mother isn't telling her something about her new founded friend the cop, she doesn't know what's happened to her girlfriend and she's upset that her last words to her girlfriend were due to an argument. Beth, however has had a visit from her grandmother, who has visited her to tell her who was driving the car that hit them.

-------------------------------------

**3am - 8 Hours Later**

Jade POV

We finally got some information about Lizzie, she had internal bleeding and a ruptured kidney and almost lost a liver. Luckily they were able to save the liver but the kidney had to be removed. She is on the intensive care unit of the hospital and only immediate family were allowed to see her. So after I gave my statement about what happened in the accident to Tori's dad, David, my mom had to forcefully carry me out of the hospital, woman is stronger than she looks.

I am currently sat in the front passengers seat of Bridget's car, petty I know, but I didn't want to be with my mother since she made me leave my girlfriend. She did however tell everyone to come back to our place. I knew Tori and Cat wouldn't want to go anywhere, or Andre, they would want to make sure they were there when any news came about.

We finally got to the house and I saw a car in the drive next to mine that definitely wasn't there last night. Mom opened the door and let us all in, when we walked closer to the living area, I was able to see that Max was sitting on the sofa with a tumbler of whiskey in her hand.

Max looked up at us all, her eyes landing on mine, she stood up and walked towards me. She opened her arms wide and I fell into them. "How is she?" She whispered. I just shook my head, I couldn't answer, this was the first time in 7 years that my sister had hugged be voluntarily and it was because someone got hurt.

"She's okay, not great, had to have surgery but she is in intensive care now and being looked after." Mom answered, as she was close enough to us to hear what Max had asked.

Max removed herself from me and nodded towards mom until her eyes caught someone else's, "What the fuck is she doing here?" She growled, I looked at her shocked when I noticed it was Bridget she was looking at.

"She was the one that got your sister safely out the car, Max, and your sister is quite taken with her." Mom answered, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

"How do you know her, Max?" I ask, raising an eyebrow, I really need to know what happened now.

"It's doesn't matter at the moment, what matters is that it is three o'clock in morning and we all need to sleep and shower," Mom said looking at me.

I look down to myself and for the first time I see Lizzie's blood splattered on my legs, there wasn't a lot, just enough for me to remember what happened and run to the kitchen sink. I feel someone hold my hair back for me and I hear Max shouting at mom.

"I don't care what she has done tonight, I want her out of the house for at least the time being. Until you are grown up enough to tell your daughter what happened." Max shouted, "Jade, baby girl, I will be in my room if you need me, okay?"