strangers~kino pt2 (day five)

A/N: again, based on the photo up above^^

Coni POV:

My hands shake as I slowly pull the slip of paper from my back pocket, shifting my weight to one side to slide the paper out from underneath. I blow a heavy sigh through my mouth, peering at the slip of paper—softly shaking with my hands.

Slowly moving, I pick up my phone, and dial the number printed in black ink.

"Hello?"

"Hey! Who is this?"

"C-C-Coni," I manage, frantically rubbing my hand up and down my pant leg to wipe off the sweat.

A gasp is sounded from the other side, "I didn't think you would call—"

"Me neither," I snicker then take in a deep breath to calm myself down. The knowledge that someone cared was enough for my hands to stop frantically rubbing up and down my leg—enough for my breathing to calm.

"How are you doing—"

"Those things you said yesterday...did you mean them?"

"What?" Kino asks, his voice confused.

"Where are you? I want to see you." I didn't care if it was forward, I needed to see him. There was one person in this country who knew my name, who knew I existed. Even if they were just a kind stranger who I had just met, I needed someone to talk to.

Silence takes over the conversation, and I think I've said too much—and he'll hang up the phone and leave me stranded and alone—once again. Then, Kino's voice sounds from the phone "Well—um I'm in my studio right now..." he cautions, and I can tell he's tense from the other side of the phone.

"S-studio? Don't tell me—"

"Look I'll just send you the address, I'll see you soon!" Kino cheers before the phone clicks. After a whole sixty seconds, my phone dings, and the address is sent.

Crazy. I was beyond crazy. What the heck was I doing, why was I doing this? Was I this desperate for someone?—this desperate that I needed consultation from a complete stranger?

And a voice answers me, yes, yes you are.

Just like that I'm on the street again, hustling to make my way through people. Everything happening around me was background noise—the cars, the yelling from angry couples on the streets, the sizzling sounds of street cooking, the clicks of shoes on the sidewalk. All background noise to the thoughts in my mind.

All I was thinking about is how...thankful I felt. He really was my knight in shining armor yesterday. I'd been so...sad—so lonely, and I'd convinced myself otherwise. Lying to my own self that I was completely fine, that these feelings were normal for someone who had just moved to a completely different country. Even if my feelings were justified, it was a terrible mistake to lie to myself like that. I was further digging my own grave—the own beholder of the shovel; which dug the empty hole ready for my body—six feet deep.

When I took my last step, I looked into the glass doors of what seemed to be a company. The inside was still well lit and filled with people. So like any other regular person, I walked inside.

All eyes were on me.

Then peering around the corner, was Kino—frantically waving me over to come join him. I kept my head down, and shuffled over to him, trying my best to seem inconspicuous. When I finally veered around the corner enough for us to not be seen by anyone else, Kino grabbed my hand, warm and comforting, and led me down the hallway.