mr.bag boy ~Kino(day seventeen)

A/N: it is 11:23pm on the day this is supposed to be going out so imma speeeeeedddd

Also! Remember that part in "my prince~"Changgu where I was like "psst remember this part" (if u haven't read my prince~ go read that)

This story starts from that point!

Basically what happened was instead of her choosing to dance with Changgu, she goes with Kino instead.

Got it? Good.

Jaz POV:

"It was a flower petal Darling. Someone must have seen how pretty you are, and decided to place it upon your head," Changgu jokes, softly laughing to himself when the words die on his lips. In politeness, I force a laugh through my teeth. Whilst in the gala, I only met with a single person--so that servant--Kino--was he the one to blame for the flower on my head?

My mind blanks for only a moment—making a decision at it's on will. My hands let go of Changgu's forearm, to which I was gripping on for support. As soon as one of my fingers unwraps from his muscled arm, Changgu's face drops, the halo once blinding me fading into nothing, the particles of air that stilled around him begin to become whole again.

My eyes goggle, "Changgu I-I have to go," I speak, almost a whisper. The click of my heel stepping back onto the tile creates an even sadder, longing feel dripping in the air.

Before his royally pink lips and beautiful words are able to change my mind, I dash for the door, stuffing my dress within my fingers and barging through the great, brown doors; still intimidatingly tall.

I never wanted Changgu; I'd just allowed myself to think I did. To think to love a prince was to think with my entire brain. Changgu was a sweet man. Who undoubtedly loved with his entire heart; those beautiful words dancing on his lips surely assured my prediction. But, he was not the man for me. I was a maiden who needed someone else, someone a tad softer and sappier than Changgu, and Changgu, was in need of a broad far more assertive and womanly than I.

I take a deep breath as I enter the hallway, scanning for any sign of where he would have gone. The boy I saw earlier, the one my heart originally to me to follow; to grasp onto and never let go.

A man, far taller than both Changgu and the boy, shoots me a look of concern from over his friends shoulder; who also appears staggering in height. The shining white teeth line in a smile as he pats his friends shoulder, and confidently makes his way over to me. Realizing a little too late I'm more poise and composed than this, I raise my shoulders, and contain whatever is left of myself.

A Cheshire smile opens his mouth, "well madam, why ever do you look so—-stressed?" He questions, bending over at the waist to ensure my hearing.

"I cannot find my beloved."

"Why, and who may that be?"

My eyebrows furrow as my gaze looks to the hardwood dance floor up ahead; heels and loafers skipping and twirling underneath the chandelier. The—the name tag.

"Kino." I say confidently, whipping my head to meet his eyes. The man was by far handsome—then it hits me over the head with a glass slipper. This man, whom I'd been so informally speaking to, was the Shanghai Prince himself.

The Prince slightly nods, breaking the intense eye contact and jerking his well structured chin in the direction behind me, "last time I was notified, he was sobbing himself to hysteria in the back room—"

Prince Yanan is unable to finish the final word of his sentence, before I'm off in that direction, balling my dress in fists. The wind whooshes like a wind storm past my ears, and my bun which sat neatly place on top of my head, was now drooping down near my neck.

"KINO!! WHER—"

Sobbing, stifled, yet still loud enough for anyone passing to know someone behind the door was crying. I approach the door, white and marked with few scratches. Kino, on the other side, hiccups his tears into choppy cries. Quietly, I palm the door, facing it before I speak.

"Tis' I...the maiden you escorted to Changgu's dining room, I have come to gift something to you. When you are ready, I will be patiently waiting here, with your gift."

A few moments pass, my heart roaring loudly in my eardrums. The beating so furious I think my legs are going to be pulled from under me.

Another few beats pass, no response. What seems to be a good sign perhaps, is the cries have ceased completely. But, I don't hear anything anymore.

I let my palm skid down the door—almost gaining a splinter from the scratches. Defeated, I begin to turn around, the heel of my shoe piercing the bottom of my foot. How foolish was I to think the servant of a prince could want a high-class woman like me. We high class women, have been proven an extreme difficulty to work with. To support my argument, I, myself, have completed running away from a beautifully handsome, loving prince, for his servant. All because I wanted to love him.

Within the same second I turn on my heel, I'm pulled into a room by a hand on my forearm. Without completely knowing whatever just occurred, the door is slammed and immediately locked by a black haired, man; skinny in frame. He slowly turns around, and I gasp, my heart sky-rocketing up into the clouds. My hands seize his face, desperately cupping his cheeks to fill every corner of my hands—looking widely into each of his eyes, afraid of giving one more attention than the other. My body writhes in his touch. His hands find a home on my waist; a lovely grip as he presses himself against me, no cold space in between us anymore.

"Kino, my love, I have been searching everywhere for you!" I profess, smiling crazily and leaning into him. The only way I haven't fallen on the floor is because his hands have me so tight; so safe.

Kino's face is pink all over, stained and strained with tears. The marks from each tear painting itself on his handsome, white face—even his eyebrows were furrowed in every direction.

His nose scrunches as his sniffles, "I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry. I was crying because I stumbled when I was escorting you—and—and then I placed that pretty flower in your hair—-cause you're pretty—but I knew you'd never see it—-then another man laughed at me when he saw how upset I was—-because I'm only a bag boy—and—and—and I'm just a baby and I'm sorry—-I cry all the time and I'm not strong—and—and—and I—"

As I listen to him speak, focused on each syllable, Kino's words shoot arrows through my heart. Too soft. He thought he was too soft. Not strong enough to be a man—-I hated that. Being soft doesn't make anyone any less of a man.

To cut him off, I press soft kisses on both of his eyes, his eyelids still wet and raw from his tears. When I pull from his face, I noticed Kino's lip out further than usual, and his eyes start to bead with tears yet again. This poor, poor man.

"Kino, just because you cry a lot doesn't make you any less of a man. It's not bad to cry. In fact, I think it makes a person stronger."

Kino blinks tears down his cheeks, his body convulsing with a cry within his stomach, "really?" He squeaks.

I nod my head, and kiss him tenderly and comfortingly. Kino turns his head and melts into the kiss, almost falling on top of me when pull to break apart, not wanting to disconnect with me. Before we officially separate, Kino pushes his lips one finally time, with love in every ounce of force.

"You can cry all you want with me, I'll never wrong you."

———

A/N: so what it took me an hour and I'm late with uploading...

This is my favorite chapter btw.