Strangers~kino finale (day twenty-six)

A/N: psssttt... go back and read the last part of strangers~ Kino

Coni POV:

"You aren't doing it right, again."

"Again."

"Come on more effort! Again."

"Do you even listen? Again."

"I can see why you got kicked out last time, again."

Day after day, one backbreaking practice after another, I'm in the studio, recording or working on songs for vocal evaluations, or in the practice room, dancing my life away.

Kino, being the influence he is, helped me with auditions and song choices. Thanks to his help—which I'm very grateful for—I've become a trainee at his company. Now my only priority is to make sure I don't go and screw this up to. But often times, the cold, eerie feeling of failure creeps up my back, making me doubt myself and if I'm even worthy to be standing in the same room as my fellow trainees.

The ones training here with me barely showed any emotions—unless we were in a dorm. Outside of the dorms, we were each expected to obey orders and ask no questions. We needed what they could offer, not the other way around. So when practicing, no one even dared to look at one another while an instructor was present.

But, even at the dorm they all seemed stiff, maybe uncomfortable even. Granted, we were about six girls living in a space for three girls, but that should make us closer, and less stiff...

Right?

"Coni, can I see you after lessons today?" My dance instructor says, calling me out in the middle of the lesson.

The entire class stops and turns towards me, awaiting a response. I unfold my arms straight and correct my posture. My heart launches to my throat and I fight the instinct to look at the floor, and look into her terrifying, dark eyes.

"Yes ma'am."

There—there is really only one reason I'd be called to be seen after class. To lecture me on something. In some way, shape, or form, I've done something that needed major attention, and I would get it right after practice.

I just hoped it wouldn't be something extremely detrimental.

Though I'm moving and dancing along with everyone, I'm not thinking about what move is next, or what I'm currently doing. The only thing that's on my mind is that meeting with the instructor. Everytime I get rid of the thought, it scratches and claws its' way back into my mind again.

Ms. Kim waves everyone goodbye, and then turns her attention to me. Her cropped hair pulled back into a tight ponytail, showing off all her terrifying features—-like she could split you in two pieces with her hands alone.

"Coni, I don't mean to alarm you but—"

"Am I going to get kicked out again?" I ask boldly. I'd rather have the straight truth than anything fluffing it up.

Mrs. Kim's small eyes widen before blinking back to normalcy. "No, that's not it at all. You have gotten a reputation now Coni."