With you~ Hui (day one)

With you~

Jenette POV:

Please collect all bags and/or belongings at luggage pickup 32AB, we hope you have a great day, and prosper in our country, South Korea!

"That flight was beyond back breaking," I sigh, arching my back while walking towards the door; the familiar smell of Korean airports swimming past my nose. Nothing like the smell of hand-sanitizer and shrimp chips.

Crowds of people rudely push past me, forcing me to move ahead with each shove like I'm not even present. They probably just assume I'm some dumb foreigner, and not a person who's lived in Korea for ten years... I don't harbor any ill feelings towards those people though, we're all in a rush.

Yawning and continuing down the endless stretching hallway, I see a man; hair dyed with streaks of dark green on top of his natural dark black and lean muscles molding his white shirt while he scans the crowd with his hands placed carefully in both jean pockets. An extremely handsome man.

Peeling my inspecting eyes from him, my legs stretch one in front of the other, careful not to miss a step, or step on a small child. The black, velvet backpack strapped to me bounces steadily up and down my back. Slight anxiety takes over my fingers, tapping and tapping away at the right strap while I bounce my way outside of the airport.

I was seeing him today, my childhood best friend Lee Huitaek. If it wasn't everyday, it was every week I thought about seeing him again. Majority of my precious childhood memories were made with him, and after I left to go to America, they were the memories I began to cherish the most. It wasn't just Hui I missed, it was Korea as a whole. The smell of street food, shining neon lights and loud booming music in the middle of the night, I loved it. And now I got to experience it again.

*zzzztttt*

Sliding my phone from my back pocket, only briefly struggling because of the weight of my backpack, I answer.

"Hello?" I question, squinting at the beaming sun in the sky.

A warm voice answers, "Jenette! Where are you?!"

"Hey Hui! I'm already outside! Where were you?"

"Outside?" He questions, his voice sounding half offended. "How did you get past me?"

Soon, my voice mimics his half offended tone, "Past you?"

"Yeah, I was waiting near your gate so I could walk you to the car, " Hui pauses, and my mind fills the silence with an image of Hui glancing in every direction around him.

"But I don't see you."

"Well uhm, I'm outside, by the vending machines. I'll wait here if you want to come meet up with me?" I suggest, overthinking and suddenly changing my tone from firm, to questioning.

Hui's slick smile sounds on the other side of the phone, "I'm already making my way there, Ettie."

Ettie, pronounced the same as Eddie with the d's replaced with t's, is the nickname my friends in Korea gave me. Jenette caused their tongues to knot, and instead of suffering through the multiple people butchering my name, I settled for Ettie.

"Wow you still use that name for me."

"Of course why would I stop?" Hui jokes, his voice full of blissful humor.

I roll my eyes, " Maybe because it's a childhood name." I reply, scanning the outside of the airport to see if Hui came out yet. He's not here, but the same green haired man from earlier is.

"Are you outside yet?"

"Yeah, I just got outside! Where are you?"

I pull my phone from my ear, place my hand over it, and call out, "HUI?! LEE HUITAEK?!"