my prince~ changgu (day fourteen)

Jaz POV:

"Please everyone welcome to the carpet, Jaz Jasper!"

The driver of the limo pops my door open, the beaming lights causing my vision to go clear white, yet I force my leg to slide through the slit of soft, silk, red dress, and my hand to grasp the round, callused fingers of the driver; standing silently poised in his black and white suit.

The Prince's gala, held once during each one of the Prince's lives in order for the Prince to find a bride suitable for the throne and to rule over the kingdom. The grand ballroom; bedecked with silk curtains beautifully draping from the top of the rafters. A dazzling chandelier bouncing rays of yellow-orange light around the ballroom. People were already conversing with each other when my foot stepped through the grand entrance, giant enough for a large elephant to walk through.

Like a fluttering bird, a servant with black hair, a messenger bag strapped loosely against his bosom, and a nametag with the name Kino embroidered in tan cursive writing. He seemed almost frantic to speak with me, like his life was sitting on the edge of a cliff, and if the slightest word blubbered on his lips, he would be sent free-falling.

"Miss-Miss Jasper is it?" Kino lisps, his beautiful, child-like dark eyes shining like crystal balls. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to assume he was mentally cursing himself for stumbling.

I lift my head up toward him, chin pushing out ever so slightly. At the wrist, my right hand--like a flower petal-- falls over the left one, giving me a haughty, powerful appearance.

"Why yes that is me."

"Please follow me this way. The prince asked for you directly." Kino then bows til he's flat-backed, and opens his arm in the direction to his right. I study him with one quick, suspicious side-eye, then float in the direction of his outstretched arm.

If I wasn't being sinful with myself, Prince Changgu's sudden call for me would not be sudden--or shocking whatsoever. Prior to the gala, my father had spoken to me of Changgu's well-liking to me. Said the marriage would be beyond stellar for me to accept. Yet, having my hand stolen from me in such a....unmagical way--was mundane to me.

Nonetheless, when my sparkly heel finishes a snapping clack on the tile flooring, and Kino nods the guards to open the giant, brown doors to the dining table, my heart is swimming in fairytales of magical fairies and evil witches--princes with humble, good-looking servants.

Prince Changgu vibrates with a warming halo around him. The air stills in his presence, as if even the particles are aware they're in the same room as royalty. His chocolate brown eyes meet with mine--choking my heart up to pound against the walls of my throat, threatening to burst out of my mouth. He throws his chair back, and swiftly walks over to me, one tight leg moving in the tight--almost form-fitting suit snugging against his body, revealing more of his well-toned muscles.

Prince Changgu's eyes roam from the tips of my toes to the well-placed bun resting on the top of my head--marvelling as if every inch of me was a precious gemstone. Flabbergasted, the Prince gawks--rapidly blinking his eyes and jerks his jaw from open, to shut.

"My my, sweet Jaz. I sweareth I've never seen a woman of a caliber such as yours," Prince Changgu sings, his heart riding on a cloud of bliss while his eyes shameless peer at my leg peeking out from the slit of my dress. The Prince is clearly a nice guy, but...something's unsettling about the way he stares. As if I'm a prize to be won--or a meal to be eaten. Not a woman to be loved and wed.

I dip my head in a light, yet polite bow, "Thank you your--"

"Please do not bother troubling yourself with such formalities, darling. Changgu works just as well for me."

"Thank you, Changgu."

Changgu brightens. His cheeks run upwards on his face, hiding his chocolate eyes. The glistening white teeth which were once hidden behind his pink lips were kindly stealing my heart from my throat--where it lodged itself from earlier.

"Oh! Darling-- you have something in your hair...uhm...do you want me to get it?" Changgu offers. Shyly, and slowly, his black loafer lifts off the white tile flooring, and settles alongside the trail of my red dress, exposing the muscles once concealed earlier.

My head turns toward Changgu without command, waiting for the touch of a hand to pluck a piece ruining the effort the maids took in forcing an updo onto my skull. The slightest press of force pushes against my head--then a flash of tan skin whisps past my vision the same time the pressure ceases.

"Changgu--"

"It was a flower petal Darling. Someone must have seen how pretty you are, and decided to place it upon your head," Changgu jokes, softly laughing to himself when the words die on his lips. In politeness, I force a laugh through my teeth. Whilst in the gala, I only met with a single person--so that servant--Kino--was he the one to blame for the flower on my head?

A/N: (Now guys remember whatever happened before this A/N, it'll be relevant in a future story. Don't worry it'll make sense later ;) )

A deep, annoyed grunt is coughed by Changgu. "Jaz I know this--is a bit unnatural--"

"Yes, Changgu. Yet I have this weird attraction to you I am unable to explain in words. So please, do tell what is troubling you?"

"I would like to experience a dance with you."

"That is all you wish for?" I ask, curious as to his reasoning behind his uncertainty in asking a question so trivial as such.

Changgu's face loses it's tan, golden color, and is replaced with a ghostly white. Only for a few ticks of the clock. "Yes. The question may be extremely common, but you somehow cause me to overthink even the small breaths I take."

Impatience floods my body like a tsunami as I take his hand, and slam open the hefty, brown doors leading into the ballroom. The scents of honey and vanilla prancing along the hallway and sweeping teasingly across my nose. Changgu's lips part to hum a surprised moan, before we each arrive inside the ballroom; the tiles changing from pure white, into a vast, white and black checkerboard pattern.

We dance. Swans in the bluest, seacrest lake could only dream of having moves so flowy--so swift yet elegant as me and Changgu's. Muscles who introduced themselves prior, were now hauling me into the air; stil stilled and slightly warm from the Prince. My heart becomes dislodged in my throat, and twirls next to me in the air; rolling and spinning endlessly. I throw my head to look upwards toward the ceiling, the golden, tan aesthetic clearly executed by multiple paintings, portraits, and curtains.

I can tell Changgu is beyond worn when he no longer spins me like a ballerina. "Changgu, we don't have to--"

Changgu shoots a manly hand into his pocket, and pulls out a small box. Written in yellow cursive, it reads Jaz Jasper.

--------

A/N: AWW MAN CLIFFHANGER :C

Yes cliffhanger, I did that, deal with it!! (I'm joking. Yes this is a cliffhanger but don't take the deal with it seriously please.)