Chapter 14

3rd P.O.V

After Bob and Randy has declared war, the news got around fast. When a friend told Soda he went crazy. He was going home to tell the gang when a girl around his age was getting jumped by some Socs.

He ran over to her and helped her out, the Socs ran away and he took her in. He layer her on the couch and cleaned her up. When she woke up she saw Soda. "Hey thank you" she smiled. He returned the smile.

"Yeah of course, I feel like I know you. Like for school I mean" to him she was pretty. She had black long hair that was pulled up into a messy bun. She had brown eyes that sparkled at him. "Well does the name Vanessa ring the bell?"

"Yeah but didn't you have a set of glasses too?" He asked. She smiled and pulled out the glasses from her purse that she had. Vanessa put them on, Soda smiled. "Yeah I know you" "you do?" She looked at the ground.

"Yeah you were my first crush before Sandy came into my life. And you were our neighbor when we were little kids." He looks her up and down. "Yeah I remember you" she stands up. Soda walks over to her and kisses her.

They both pull away and Vanessa bushes. Soda grabs her by the hips and kissed her again. She wraps her arms around his neck. He picks her up and spins her around, she laughs just as he did. "Vanessa?" He asked as he set her back down.

"Yeah" she laughs. "Would you like to be my girl?" He asked. She laughs and says "yes. Soda I would love to be your girlfriend" he sets her down. The gang all come in at once. "Oh hey Soda. What's up?" Steve says hanging on Vicky.

"Mmm nothing. Oh did you hear about the news?" He asked. "No what news?" Darry asked. "The news that Bob and Randy had declared war on us?" He puts an arm around Vanessa. "Holy shit. Are you kidding me?" Darry says wide eyed.

"Nope I just heard it from Jeremy today" Soda says. "Dang. Well what is the war? Like what is our "punishment" asked Ponyboy. "He said that you aren't allowed to walk anywhere alone anymore. Like you can't do it at all"

"Well, were fucking screwed" Dally says. "You don't know that. We could change this. We could stop this." Vanessa says. "Who are you again?" Darry points a piece of paper at her. "Oh this is my girlfriend, Vanessa"