Have We Already Lost

He can't be serious can he?! He's really willing to go so far to kill so many people just for his own desires?!

Spectral Persona: I-I won't do that! I can't bring myself to let all of real those people die, just because you want a few minutes of pe-

AbyssalHeart: *choking Spectral* YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT I'VE BEEN THROUGH CHILD! THE YEARS OF CONSTANT POUNDING ON THE WALLS, THE SCREAMING VOICES WANTING MORE AND MORE! THE COUNTLESS NIGHTS I SPENT PUTTING TOGETHER A GODAMN MASTERPIECE TO FEED YOUR INSATIABLE APPETITES! ONLY FOR IT TO GET STOMPED INTO THE GROUND AND SHAT ON! YOU ALL WANT THE SAME SHIT, WHILE I TRIED FOR SO LONG OF MAKE SOMETHING NEW AND PLEASING TO THE EYE! ITS NEVER ENOUGH FOR SHITFUCKS LIKE YOU, ITS. NEVER. ENOUGH!

He threw me to the ground hard. I get up trying to catch my breath and steady myself. He's walking away from me still rambling, maybe I should make a r-

AbyssalHeart: You're not going anywhere! *gravity slams Spectral*

Spectral Persona: *falls* Agh, ah shit that fucking hurt...

AbyssalHeart: If you refuse to surrender the consciousnesses to me, then I will just have to extract them from your body. GAURDS!

Ten soldiers, all in the same shining blood red armor came out from seemingly nowhere. They all bowed at his feet like mindless slaves.

AbyssalHeart: Lock him away, in the tower deep within The Condemned Jungle. Where he shall await his death and brutal extraction of the other consciousnesses.

Spectral Persona: Wa-wait no please don't do this!

AbyssalHeart: I gave you a choice kid, and you chose death...

I tried to struggle and flail out of the guards grip, but to no avail. One of them raised the bottom of their sword handle and swung it down, everything went dark...

Hours later...

Noble: *voice faded* Hey Spectral! Spectral wake up!

I awoke to Nobles voice and sat up, well to the best of my abilities. My arms are chained up to the walls of wherever we are. I look over to Noble who is in the same predicament as me.

Spectral Persona: Where are we? How did you get here?

Noble: Hellgonix, that's how... we didn't even stand a chance. She just tore down all of them, with no resistance or struggle...

Spectral Persona: Who? Who did she tear down?

Noble: Everyone Spectral... *looks down* she killed them all. Ironwood, Blake, Coco, all of them. They're all dead...

My heart dropped hearing this new information. That can't be... everyone is dead? Does that mean Echis too?

Spectral Persona: ...What about Echis?

Noble: No, she and I were both taken here. They came back a few minutes ago and took her away.

Spectral Persona: What do you think they're going to do to her?

Noble: I don't know, I'm not sure of what to expect anymore. I had a plan, the pieces were all set in place. Then he had to show up and burn it all into ashes.

I could feel myself begin to cry. I can't tell if it was out of fear of what was to come, or seeing how defeated Noble became in such a short period of time.

Spectral Persona: *begins to break down* I'm sorry Noble, this is all my fault...

Noble: What are you talking about?

Spectral Persona: I should've calmed down when you told me to, but I didn't. Because of that you had to summon Echis, which in turn brought AbyssalHeart...

Noble: Hey, that's not your fault Spectral. I was already conversing with Echis telepathically. She willingly wanted to help you calm down, after all that is one of her special powers. I in all honesty didn't even consider that AbyssalHeart would've been able to enter the fortress that easily.

Spectral Persona: What are we going to do Noble?

Noble: Give me a minute, I think I've got a plan...

We sat in silence for a moment, the only noises being the howling wind that surrounded the towers top.

Noble: Alright, here's the plan. First we need to get out of these chains.

Spectral Persona: How are we supposed to do that? These feel like solid steel, I don't think we can break out of these with brute force.

Noble: Good thing I wasn't planning on using brute force. Don't move, and close your eyes.

I did as Noble said, holding my breath to make sure I didn't move a muscle. I don't know what his plan is but whatever he's about to do, I'd like to still have both my hands when all is said and done.

Noble: Zenyok Callit NOTAGAX!

I felt the metal cuffs around me heat up and soon the pressure surrounding my wrist faded away. I opened my eyes to see that Noble had completely melted the chains imprisoning both of us.

Spectral Persona: Woah! That's so cool, what was that?!

Noble: An elemental spell I learned from Echis. Creators aren't usually supposed to use spells or other magic since they already have the powers of creation and destruction. However in these circumstances I think it's fine if we break a couple rules.

Spectral Persona: Alright, so now what do we do?

Noble: You're going to need to take these. *hands over five runes*