Epilogue

Story of The Sandcastle King

Once upon a time there was a boy, a boy who wished to escape the world and isolation he lived in. So he fled to a foreign land with a castle from sand he made to call his home. Overtime the sandcastle kingdom had begun to be noticed by strangers from across this mysterious place. Soon the boy had visitors coming to his kingdom time to time, admiring the work and craftsmanship for someone his age, so young. Many more visitors came and gave the boy appraisal for his creation, naming him the Sandcastle King. Being given such a title, the new king felt he owed his friends more. And so he built two more kingdoms for them to live in. One to be constructed of wood, and the other of clay. Though building the new castles took longer than anticipated, they were still loved by many. However neither of the two ever held a candle to that first kingdom the young king had made.

Mistress Fortune and Lady Luck were not in favor of him however. As not too long after the construction of the wood and clay castles, the young king was attacked. Raiders that called themselves the few in the dark hurled balls of molten steel at his creations. The young king tired his hardest to fend off his attackers and protect his friends, but he was too exhausted to keep fighting. In defeat, he watched helplessly as the few in the dark moved on to his other two castles and destroyed them. His friends and allies all fled, and the boy was alone once again. The boy fell to his knees and wept, for he was afraid, he was scared, he was lonely, he was... angry. The boys heart changed that very day, realizing that his so called friends and allies were nothing more than suitors riding on his coattails. In rage he began to rebuild his sandcastle kingdom from the very molten steel that was used to destroy it. Out of the ashes and fire rose a new castle. A fortress made of molten onyx steel, with lights that burned from the fires of hatred that now fueled the boy. The young king had returned to power yes, but not as the kindhearted boy the people once knew him as. For his heart had been burned away with his old kingdoms, leaving nothing but a body with an abyssal heart and the molten flames of hatred keeping it alive.

The boy had now turned into a tyrant, a warlord who sought nothing but vengeance. He sent his Dritix Knights born out of the ashes and flames of the suitors that failed to flee, across the lands to hunt down the few in the dark as well as the suitors that abandoned him, leaving him to rot. The warlord had become an unstoppable force, sweeping through the villages and kingdoms of this once peaceful land like a storm of hellfire. Yet the warlord didn't do this just for vengeance, he also did this out of fear. For an Oracle in a previous village foretold a vision to him. That a persona made of spectrum light would be awoken by a Noble Knight, and that these two would stop the warlords tyranny. In hopes to prevent his inevitable defeat, and in fear he would relive the same life as the one after the destruction of his kingdoms. The warlord worked hastily on an ultimate weapon to ensure no more harm were to come his way. Some called it The Dark God, some called it The Final Testament, some called it The Sandcastle Kings Requiem, but he called it... The Deletion Process. As the days drew closer to the activation and completion of The Deletion Process the warlord began to question himself. Is this what he had wanted, or what he needed? This was what everyone was expecting of him. The people now numb from the violence became addicted to the sick and twisted mystery of how their life will end by the warlords hands. Wether he'd send his knights to take their walls and break them down to slaughter them like pigs, or if a bomb made of the molten onyx steel would fall from the sky exploding the land into uninhabitable rubble. No one knew how they would die, and now none will know now...

And I have you, Spectral and Noble to thank for that. I am forever in your debt for opening my eyes and helping me see what I had blinded myself to for so long. I am sorry too, for everything I have put you two through. I hope you have enjoyed reading this little story I've made. A metaphorical tale of my first creation, being discovered by the masses, my rise, my fall, my dark revival, and now my rest in solitude. A small tribute to everyone who has stuck around for the last four years. I invite you all to come join me in my new kingdom, stay a while and share a few laughs. I will be waiting there for you and will welcome you with open arms. A portal can be found below the letter in my bio, and until we meet again... this is my last goodbye, thank you all for everything you've done.

-AbyssalHeart, A Small Creator In A Big World