The First Tower

I ran as fast as my legs would carry me. It was just staircase after staircase. Jesus Christ Abyssal I know you admire the dark ancient castle landscape, but would it have killed you to add some kind of elevator system?! After many minutes of running I stumbled to the bottom floor of the tower. This is supposedly where the core is located, and from what I can tell I'm below surface level. I hope that door behind me leads outside, otherwise I'm in some deep shit. Looking ahead of me there is a long corridor, only lit by lamps that hung from the ceiling. The fire inside them glowing the same hellfire red as the dome from Sector 23. At the end of the corridor I can see a single entrance to a room lit by a green hue, what I can only presume to be the beam Noble mentioned earlier. I begin to walk quickly to the other end of the corridor, the only noises being my winded breathing and brisk footsteps.

Spectral Persona: *entering room* So this is it huh? Noble wasn't kidding about the energy beam. So all I have to do is just toss one of the runes into the beam and run like hell to the exit right?

I step closer to the beam holding one of the runes in my hand. Why can't I shake this feeling of being watched?

???: I'd think twice about doing that Spectral.

Spectral Personal: Huh? Wh-whose there?! Show yourself!

???: *chuckles* Look at you trying to be tough.

I frantically look around the room to try and find where the voice is coming from. I can feel someone breathing down my neck behind me. I reached for the handle of The Redeemer.

Spectral Persona: *spins around* Aaaargh!

???: You're too readable. I could see that attack coming from a mile away.

Spectral Persona: Where are you?! Who are you?!

???: Right, I didn't come here to toy with you, I suppose I should introduce myself.

I turned to the sound of high heels clicking behind me. A woman in a black and blood-red dress emerged from the shadows. Her eyes glowed a burning red and her hair was smooth, short and black. Just like Echis she appeared perfect in just about every way physically, but she didn't feel like a Mary Sue. She can't be...

Spectral Persona: A-are you... Hellgonix?!

Hellgonix: In the flesh...

Spectral Persona: Why are you here? What do you want from me?

Hellgonix: Isn't it obvious what I want? If you really need it spelled out for you, I need those runes and dagger Noble gave you.

Spectral Persona: What the hell makes you think I'm going to give them to you?!

Hellgonix: You can drop the tough guy bullshit Spectral, I already know it's just a really shitty facade. Anyone with half a brain could tell that you're scared shitless.

Spectral Persona: Wanna add anymore shit related swears into your sentence.

Hellgonix: *sighs* Listen! I didn't come here to argue with you or fight you. I came here to make a deal with you.

Spectral Persona: Thanks but I've already heard AbyssalHeart's "deal" and I'm not interested...

Hellgonix: Fine, how about if you hand over the runes and dagger I will let you and lets say... twenty other users go free back to your normal lives.

Spectral Persona: No, I won't leave anyone behind... I'll defeat you, free Abyssal, and stop The Deletion Process!

I turn and toss one of the runes into the energy beam. I watched as the energy waves disintegrated the rune. Soon the ground around me and Hellgonix started shaking.

Hellgonix: *grabs head* AAAAAAGH!

I got to get out of here, I turn and begin to run to towards the exit at the end of the corridor.

Hellgonix(Wraith Spirit): GET BACK HERE SPECTRAL!

What the hell?! I turned around to look behind me. Goddamnit, it's that creature from earlier! That monster that killed Ruby back in Sector 23! Wait, those eyes... don't tell me that's also Hellg-

Hellgonix(Wraith Spirit): YOU'RE DEAD! YOU HEAR ME?!

Shit it is her! Come on... almost to the exit!

Hellgonix(Wraith Spirit): NOOOOOOO!