Chapter 2

Since everything was settled, Jo helped her sisters in packing all the stuff. Penelope was the most afraid in leaving the house. Living in Valera, the news and gossip from Market Piper kept coming. The most famous and notorious was of the wizard JK. 

Wizard JK was extremely wicked young man, who once was a singer in the band BTS. BTS was musical band  that came out 2 year ago, and was quite hot at that time. It was the band of seven members, and  released some of the best music. It went very well for 2 years, then nobody knew what happened. Rumours has it that the band was disbanded, someone was cursed and there was a huge fight. But nobody knew for sure. After few months wizard JK was in the news.

"Oh, that man.. He's such a hush hush hush."

"I heard that girl Jane is his next target."

"Oh, really? Isn't she already dated like 7 guys ? ."

"I know, right? Only wizard JK would be interested in her."

It was pretty clear that he was a playboy of the worst kind. The worst part was the girls who he got interested in, nobody  knew what happened to them. Some were never found again and something worse has happened to the rest of them. It was pretty clear it was wizard JK who did all this. When he got tired with them, which was just in 3-4 business days, he pulled their hearts and souls out and used them for his black magic.

That's why Penelope was afraid. As she would be in the Big Hit ent., she could be in a very close vicinity with wizard JK . Jo tried to sooth her, told her not to imagine all the impossible scenarios. But Maria was all over the house with excitement. She wasn't least bothered by wizard JK and even said:

"Oh, he doesn't know me. Once I learn some good old curses he wouldn't bother to come near me. And Penelope if at anytime, you feel him coming close to you, come straight to Aunt Fiona. We will do something  about him."

The next day, Penelope and Maria started their journey to Market Piper. Their luggage was put in the carriage. Maria went jumping ahead the cart and Penelope tried to cover as much of her face with a scarf. 

Soon Jo apprenticeship started in the shop, and she forgot to worry about her sisters. Traffic was heavy in the shop. It was spring time and soon it would be summer, so people were coming in droves. Jo tried to keep up with the orders. Laura was outside  to buy all the material they needed.

Jo tried to cope up with this extra work by doing some sewing work herself in the shop. She sewed in the back of the shop,and the customers came and gossiped. Town's most popular and trusted news was from the local gossip only. Jo tried to listen to it while she worked. It provided an excellent entertainment.

The new occurence was of the witch Medura. One time she used to rule Valera. People were extremely tormented under her rule. She was a tyrant and once she set her mind on something she would destroy anyone who come in her way. She was as feared among the older people as young girls were afraid of wizard JK.

News was that she was suffering from loneliness and was actively searching for a relationship. From the looks of it, Jo was pretty sure that Medura was just like wizard JK. If she had any magical powers she  would have put Medura and JK together.They deserved each other.

Weeks passes before she had any news from the two sisters. It seemed like they had settled and were quite comfortable in their places. Penelope training began in full swing. Big Hit ent were taking their work very seriously. 

Jo took a deep breath as her worries about JK were assuaged.She became quite comfortable with her work in the shop. As the days passed she grew restless. It was so lonesome  inside ,she longed to go outside the shop but then nobody would be here to take care of the shop. And she feared she would do more harm then good even if she went .

One fine day she was sewing in the back of the shop. It was noon time. Two customers came. From their hushed laughter it seemed they were  excited about something.

"She lived here, really?"

"Shhhh, don't talk so loudly. Somebody will hear us." They didn't notice the presence of Jo.

"Man, that'so unfortunate. What's going to happen to her?"

"What do you mean?"

"Don't you know what happens when wizard JK sets his eyes on someone ?"

Jo went still. Wait, what? Did she hear correctly?

"Should we tell them?"

"I don't know. I don't want to be the bearer of such bad news."

The other woman looked up, "Please god ,save her."

What are they are talking about ?  And what did they mean that she lived here? Jo's mind raced with all the  worst case scenarios. Images of her two sisters  lying.. dead eyes.... frozen. Her mothers lying crumpled in grief on dining table. Her home dead silence, and she's  in the depths of sorrow.

The bells of the door  chimed, signalling the exist of the customers. It made Jo come back to the present moment. Her whole body felt weak. Her heart was beating so fast as if it was going to come out of her chest.

What am I going to do? Jo thought. Should I tell mother? No, I don't want to make her worry. Should I go alone? Yes that's what I'd do. I will go tomorrow to market piper. Worst comes to worst I will bring them back, then let them go out in this stupid world.

The next day seeing such high spirits of Laura,  Jo's heart ached a bit. I don't want to ruin her perfect mood, she thought. After Laura went out she hurriedly packed a lunch in a basket. She was so worried she didn't even bothered to check her face in the mirror. She just picked up a shawl , put above her brown gown, locked the door and went out.

She took a bus and was soon in the market Piper. The market was in full swing. The streets were thick with crowd. Jo's chest felt heavy with anxiety. Ironically she felt lonely and trapped here . All the days alone in the shop, she had forgotten how to be with people. 

She was just checking the shops on the street, when she came in front of magnificient fashion store. It looked like it was newly opened and all the clothes looked of the finest quality. Just as she looked ahead, she was approached by a handsome man, his hand in a wave. It was so unexpected, that she totally lost her balance and hit her butt on a table behind her. When she turned a red stain was spreading on her grey shawl.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" the man came running.

Her face was on fire. Her throat felt jagged.

"Yes, yes I am great." she (literally) croaked. She cleared her throat." Yeah I am fine."

"Oh shit, your clothes are stained. Do you need any help? I know a laundry shop close by."

"No, no, it's okay. I will handle it.  It's  just a small stain. I will manage it."

The stranger looked at  her eyes. His eyes looked like gems. If her mind was bit in her control, she'd have stopped to admire his beauty.

"You are terrified, aren't you?" he put his hand on her forehead. "Your forehead feels so hot."

"I want-want to meet my sister- I'm in a hurry."

"Then by all means go. Who am I to stop a beautiful girl from meeting her sister?"

"Oh thank-thank you. Goodbye sir. Have a good day."

The man just chuckled.

Jo felt embarrassed by the way she handled this. He was so well mannered, and she completely ruined the situation.

When she looked back, the man's face was turned the other way. He was wearing a well fitted black suit.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's a loooonng chapter. It will be continue further.

Thank you for reading.

i

i