Chapter 24

There was sudden loud bang and Jimin and Jo both jumped. They looked at each other, alarmed.

"Did someone break in?" he whispered.

" I don't-don't know." Jo said, a little panic showing in her voice.

There was another loud bang as the bathroom closed, and they immediately sprang up from the chair, "Is it Jungkook?" Jimin asked. "He has come back? So early?"

Jo shrugged her shoulders. She wasn't well aware of Jungkook's schedule.

Jimin pushed back the chair and ran in the hallway, and Jo was behind him. When they arrived, the bathroom door was shut tightly. Jimin went there and knocked on the door, "Jungkook, is that you?"

"Uh-huh." Jungkook's voice came and after 2 seconds he opened the door and came out.

Immediately Jimin asked, "What happened to you? Are you okay?" Jo could sense the anxiety in his voice.

"Yeah. I have some things to do." Jungkook said. He put his one arm on the door frame, like he was posing to be cool or something, and obviously it didn't come out to be authentic.

Then Jungkook turned his head to her and ordered, "A glass of water, John." Jo tried not to huff in disappointment. Every time Jungkook had been clever enough to not say anything in front of her.

She turned back, and went in the kitchen. What they'd be talking about? she wondered. She wasn't particularly interested if they'd be talking about their personal matter, but wherever Jungkook was present Jo was almost sure that it'd be about Penelope and black magic.

She took a glass out of the cupboard, and opened the tap. The glass started filling  but the flow was too damn slow. She stopped herself from stomping her feet, and let all the water splash down. Finally, after a minute or who she went back with the filled glass.

Just when she was about to cross the drawing room, she heard Jungkook's shout- "Don't try to forget that day, Jimin. It did happened."

 Day? She stopped for a second to think. What day? The day he learned black magic? Or the day he met Penny? She felt confused. If this continued  like this she'd figure out the whole black magic thing in a decade.

She entered the hallway andJungkook saw her and immediately stopped talking. She went closer and sensed some tension in the air. There was definietly some anger brewing.

"Water." she said, passing the glass to Jungkook. Jungkook started drinking it and Jimin furiously turned and left. And she was left alone with Jungkook. Instantly a feeling of heavy awkwardness fell between them.

She tried to observed his face. Did his face looked a bit tired? And his eyes a bit puffy? Was something bothering him? she thought. Was it Penny? It was hard to believe that he could be this sad because of Penelope.

"So what's up?" she said trying to make him talk. "Trouble in paradise?"  Jungkook rolled his eyes and passed back the glass to her. He started walking towards the living room.

Seeing him walk back, in a slight panic, she blurted out ,"Didn't I tell you- that Penny would not be easy? That she won't like you?"

Without turning back Jungkook said quielty, "You don't always have to be heartless, John "

Now she felt hurt. And a little embarrassed . Why was he  suddenly behaving as some sad, noble man. He had also done a lot of hurtful stuff. 

Jo felt the glass in her hands, decided to take it back in the kitchen.

*********

It was evening time and they had just wrapped up their evening routine of coffee and snacks. Jo was getting ready for her mandatory evening walk-there wasn't much to get ready except combing her hair and so she did.