ten

i peacefully woke up in the dorm room, looking around. i checked to time to see it was already 10:30 am which meant the girls were already at school. i mainly stayed on my phone for a while as i scrolled through my socials.

it was at this moment, she knew, she fucked up.

i accidentally liked one of josh's pictures. i quickly unliked it and prayed that he wouldnt see it. i know it may not seem like a huge deal, but it was.

after about an hour, it was pretty quiet until i heard someone picking the lock. i thought it was ava and sydnie because they always forget their keys but once the door opened, two men who worked for josh walked in.

"no no no, please d-dont take me" i said while backing up as much as possible.
"stop p-please" i said while they both grabbed one of my arms.

i continuously squirmed around until i felt a hand collide with my face and everything went back.

as i slowly started regaining consciousness, i heard voices speaking.

"i told you not to fucking hurt her" i recognized this as josh.
"we did what we had to do"
"no you did not. it was two against one, you could have easily taken her. hell your both at least a foot taller than her!" josh yelled.
"she wouldnt stop squirming around sir"
"if you ever, lay a hand on her like this again, you will be very sorry. next time, just grab her and keep her safe because that is why i sent you in the first place. now get out" josh said furiously.

just as he finished speaking, he turned to me.

"good, your awake. how you feeling"
"p-please leave m-me alone" i said weakly.
"im not going to hurt you, i just need to know why you ran"
"i h-have my reasons"
"please lili. i need to know or else i cant protect you. i cant lose you"
"p-please dont tell a-anyone"
"i wont"
"when i was 13, the s-same men that your working with had ties with my dad. he also owed them money. he didnt pay it and i w-watched a bullet go through his chest. they told me if they ever saw me a-again, they wouldnt h-hesitate."
"thats not going to happen. i wont let it happen"

he walked towards me, placing his hands under my thighs and back. he lifted me up and walked over to his bed. he laid down with me next to him.

"why are you doing this?"
"doing what?"
"being so... nice"
"i.. i dont know"

clearly that was a lie but i just let it slip since being slapped really drains your energy a ton. i let myself slowly fall asleep in josh's arms. even after all this, i still felt some sense of security with him, like he would keep me safe from all the sucky things.