A Confession (Bdoc)

Oh wow. What a surprise. Some Bdoc. 

Any-hoo, for some quick context, in the Bdoc Server, someone posted some prompts, and I ended up writing one and posting it to the server, so I figured, 'hey, why not start off the drabbles book with it' 

...

Doc didn't like Bdubs. Always cracking jokes in the back of the class to him, Beef and Etho, instead of paying attention. Humming whatever random song was stuck in his head when he was bored. And the fact he was always smiling. Why does he need to smile all the time? Doc was always annoyed by his cute smile. 

No no, not cute. 

He does not find Bdubs cute. Why would he think so? Sure his skin may be really soft and a part of Doc likes feeling his warmth when he leans against him, and sure, maybe the freckles all over him are pretty, but that doesn't mean anything! And that piece of hair that refuses to be suppressed by his red bandana. Sometimes Doc has to restrain himself from reaching over and brushing it out of Bdubs' face. On occasion, he would sing a little, and every time he did it would get stuck in the hybrid's head for weeks. That's how annoying his angelic voice was.

Okay so maybe he did like Bdubs, and not just as friends. But then again, what would be the point of saying anything? They're constantly bickering over the stupidest thing, so why would he like him back?

"I turn my back for one second and you're about to paint that wall neon yellow!" Bdubs whined. It was a normal day in shop class. The two had gotten paired up, and Bdubs insisted they built a model house. They had finished building and moved on to the decorating, and Bdubs went to refill the water cup for the paintbrushes.

"Yeah, you said yellow!" Doc shot back.

"I said pastel yellow! And don't tell me you were planning on putting that much paint on at once! Do you want brush marks to be visible?"

"My god Bdubs, it's just a tiny wooden house!"

The two continued to argue, but despite what Doc said about it not being a big deal, or that the color wasn't a big deal, he still corrected his mistakes and fixed it. And when he suggested a different roof color, although Bdubs insisted Doc didn't know what he was talking about, the shorter brunette still mixed the color.

"So when are you gonna confess?" Beef nudged Doc, laughing.

"I'm sorry?" the brunette hybrid immediately became flustered. The two of them were waiting outside of the school for Bdubs and Etho, and Beef had just... brought this out of nowhere.

"Aw c'mon, you two fight like a married couple all the time. It's so obvious you like him, and I bet he likes you too,"

"I don't know what you're talking about," he crossed his arms, looking away to hide his red face.

"Hey, if you don't do it sooner rather than later, someone else could sweep in and steal him away," his voice grew serious as he placed a hand on Doc's shoulder.

"You serious?" the taller male quietly asked.

"Hey, you never know. Bdubs is a likable guy, he's bound to catch the eye of other people," the shorter brunette pointed out.

"See ya!" Bdubs called out after Beef and Etho, waving as they walked away. They waved back, Beef winking at Doc. As the two boys continued their walk home, the shorter male hummed a little before asking, "So do you know why Beef winked at you or are you just as confused as I am?"

"No," Doc sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I know why, it's just- god it's so stupid,"

"-someone else could sweep in and steal him away,"

Beef's words rang through the boy's head as he suddenly stopped walking at the top of his and Bdubs' street.

"Something up?" the freckled male asked, tilting his head.

"Listen, Bdubs, there's ah, something I really need to tell you," he could feel his face begin to heat up as the boy smiled.

"What, are you gonna confess to me or something?" he joked.

"Yes, actually I am," Doc said with a straight face.

Not expecting that response, Bdubs immediately became flustered.

"...Huh?" was all that he could manage to say.

"I know we constantly have our differences, and rarely ever see eye to eye, but I genuinely like you, Bdubs. I have for a while. It just took some time to realize what I was feeling," the hybrid confessed, staring at the blushing Bdubs. When he didn't respond, he quickly added, "I totally get it if you don't see me the same way, it's fine and I don't-"

Cutting him off, a sparkly-eyed Bdubs yanked him down by the collar and kissed him. A smirk formed on the freckled brunette's face as he let go of Doc's shirt.

"I've been wanting to do that for a while now," he admitted.

"Wait, so does that mean you like me back?" a flustered Doc asked.

"And here I thought I was the dumbass," Bdubs jokes, before pulling him in for another kiss. This time, the taller male wrapped his arms around the shorter brunette's waist and kissed him back.