quatre

★ 。\|/。★

𝗕𝗘𝗟𝗟𝗘

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖎𝖙𝖗𝖊 𝖖𝖚𝖆𝖙𝖗𝖊:A TRIP TO KANSAS

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖎𝖙𝖗𝖊 𝖖𝖚𝖆𝖙𝖗𝖊:
A TRIP TO KANSAS

★ 。/|\。★

LET BELLE SAY one thing: she never, and she means never, expected tar monsters to come after them.

Being a Demigod, she always had to expect the unexpected. Anything could be waiting around the corner to attack. Or in this case, waiting in the buckets of tar. Belle didn't even know tar monsters were a thing, and it was just their luck that they had to have an encounter.

Three out of the four Demigods landed on the deck with a THUMP, courtesy of Frank dropping them in his bird form. Percy was carrying a five-gallon plastic bucket of tar (which smelled horrible, might Belle add) and his whole shirt was covered in it. Annabeth had a patch of tar in her hair and Belle's legs and arms were completely covered in it. They couldn't worry about that right now, though. Belle, Annabeth, and Percy went running down the hall to see a queasy-looking Hazel, a calm Piper, and an awake Jason by Jason's cabin.

"Roofing tar?" Piper guessed once she saw them.

Frank then stumbled up behind them, a smear of tar down his face. The entire hallway was pretty crowded with Demigods now.

"Uh, yeah, we ran into some tar monsters," Belle explained. She then smiled at the blonde boy in front of her. "Hey Grace, glad to see you're awake. Looks like you defeated the almighty brick after all."

Jason rolled his eyes playfully. "Shut up, Adair."

"Hazel, where's Leo?" Annabeth asked, stopping their conversation.

She pointed down the hall. "Engine room."

Suddenly, the entire ship listed to port. All of the Demigods in the hall stumbled. Percy almost spilled the bucket of tar.

"Uh, what was that?" Percy demanded.

"Oh . . ." Hazel trailed off, looking very embarrassed now. "We may have angered the Nymphs who live in this lake. Like . . . all of them."

"Great." Percy handed the bucket of tar to Belle, Annabeth, and Frank. "You guys help Leo. I'll hold off the water spirits as long as I can."

"On it!" Frank exclaimed.

"Be careful," Belle told him. "Don't do anything stupid."