quarante et un

★ 。\|/。★

𝗕𝗘𝗟𝗟𝗘

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖎𝖙𝖗𝖊 𝖖𝖚𝖆𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖙𝖊 𝖊𝖙 𝖚𝖓:BELLE AND PERCY GET BOTH SAD AND HAPPY NEWS

BELLE AND PERCY GET
BOTH SAD AND HAPPY NEWS

★ 。/|\。★

BELLE, EXTREMELY DISORIENTED and a little bit confused, woke up in a Cabin that had a golden glow to it. Her eyes opened gently and she blinked a couple of times to get used to the light. Belle went to sit up, but a sore feeling in her stomach made it hard. She groaned and felt somebody push gently on her shoulders to get her to lay back down.

"Easy, easy," Percy Jackson's voice urged. "You're still healing."

She looked down to see her entire torso was wrapped with bandages underneath her shirt, the front of it slightly stained red. "What . . . where am I? What happened?"

"You're in the Apollo Cabin. You've been out since yesterday. What do you remember?"

Belle closed her eyes for a moment and tried to remember everything. "There . . . there was a fight. I remember getting stabbed, but after that, not so much." She reached up her hand and placed it gently on his cheek. "Did we win? Is Gaea gone?"

Percy nodded. "Yeah, she's gone. The Satyrs and Nymphs reported that they couldn't sense her presence anymore. Just like Ouranos, Gaea will never be able to form a full consciousness again. Jason, Piper, and Leo's plan worked."

"And Leo?"

Percy didn't say anything for a long moment. He merely hung his head and gripped onto Belle's wrist. The girl's eyes immediately filled with tears. She had had her suspicions for a while, but Gods, she never thought it would actually come true. If only she had spoken up earlier . . . maybe there could've been a way for both Jason and Leo to survive.

"Oh," she whispered, a tear managing to drip down her cheek.

"I know," Percy responded, picking his head up again, making Belle notice his red eyes (presumably from crying.) "The Hephaestus Cabin scoured the entire valley, but . . . there was no sign of Leo or Festus. All they found was some broken pieces of the Argo II."

"Where are the others?" Belle asked, tracing her thumb against his face softly as she sniffled. "We should be with them right now."

Percy shook his head. "They're all on the porch of the Big House after the victory celebration and funeral."

"I missed it?"